Skip to main content

Bon Scott Bicentennial Superliner

• Topic Author
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #154769 by
Today is 35 years since the great ( in my books anyway ) Bon Scott of AC/DC decided to have some drinks too many and choke to death on his own spew.
Poor bugger what a prick of a way to go...
I remember in 88 the Bicentennial Macks coming out and fantasizing ( I was driving a T-Pot then ) how cool it would be to drive one of those green and gold bangers with " Bon Scott " painted on the front of the bunk and..wait for it.. " Highway to hell " on the bugcatcher.. 8-)
I never lost that dream,and I never won Tattslotto either.
27ish years later and today I decided to have that truck!
Not the full size one but a 1/50 scale one.
Maybe I should have put this in the Models section but I'm not sure whether the forum is keeping that section or not.
I'm going to kill about 4 diecast models to build this but they aren't anything that hasn't been made by the ten million or so.
I will be gravity metal moulding various bits ( bunk,bonnet for a start ) and posting photos from go to whoa.
Some finer detail won't be evident on the finished model but you get that at small scales.
Hopefully some of you will follow my journey.. :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #154770 by Tacho
Do what you gotta do 903, we'll follow wherever you go.

Cheers n good luck with it

More
9 years 2 months ago #154771 by mad_as_hec
Hmmm.....i was at Fremantle cemetery today. Final resting place for Scotty.

More
9 years 2 months ago #154772 by bparo
Moved to the correct area.

No decision has been made to remove any existing or add new sections yet. It will depend on the results of the feedback emails.

Make sure you have your say as the more strength there is for an idea the more likely it is to appear in the upgraded forum.

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

Time to create page: 0.491 seconds