Skip to main content

International Transtar 4300 and float.

More
9 years 1 week ago #157062 by Birt48
My Transtar 4300 has been modified by stretching the chassis to fit the larger sleeper (off an ERTL Peterbilt) and has been converted to rhd. The exhaust system has been modified and twin mufflers (from ERTL Peterbilt) with aluminium extensions fitted. The modified gantry is from an AMT KW Aero. The roof mounted aircon unit and spoiler are from the spares box. Quad fuel tanks (kit) ERTL Volvo battery boxes and Auslowe rear mudguards have been fitted. A scratch built rear bar and lights also fitted. The modified bull bar is from an ERTL N10 Volvo. Super-single tyres from an ERTL Paystar fitted to front axle. The grill centre has been changed using (I think) one from a GMC. The quad headlights are from a 1/32 kit. IH mudflaps all round. Oversize sign and beacon.
[IMG

[IMG

[IMG

[IMG

The float is an AMT kit that was given to me as built up model. I cut the front off it and modified it to a goose neck set up. The floor is made from coffee stirring sticks with Evergreen strip keepers and a tool storage box fitted into the rear deck.
[IMG

[IMG

A photo of the truck and trailer.
[IMG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 week ago #157063 by Scummy
Mate , very sharp 4300 , would be the best example i've seen so far .

More
9 years 1 week ago #157064 by Birt48
Thanks Scummy, much appreciated. I do like my old Inters, they make up the majority of my "fleet."

More
9 years 1 week ago - 9 years 1 week ago #157065 by Birt48
I am not sure what is going on with photobucket and why it has removed the photos I posted.
I will try them again and see what happens.
Cheers.
[IMG

[IMG

[IMG

[IMG

[IMG
Last edit: 9 years 1 week ago by Birt48.

More
9 years 1 week ago #157066 by Tacho
Mighty fine models there Birt.Those models are so good, with a bit of careful photography they could be made to look like the real thing.
Are you in Oz or east of the ditch like Cardboardfido?
Cheers

More
9 years 1 week ago #157067 by Birt48
Thanks Tacho, appreciate your comments. I am located in Gippsland, Victoria.

More
9 years 1 week ago #157068 by cardboardfido
Nice job on this Birt. 8-)
Brought back memories, as the 4300 was my first ever kitset.

More
9 years 1 week ago #157069 by Birt48
Thanks for looking CBFido. Have been a long time admirer of your skills (seen on other forums) and continue to be amazed at what you do.
Cheers

Time to create page: 0.464 seconds