Skip to main content

SANDCRAFT TRANSPORT SYSTEMS T650

More
13 years 9 months ago #32298 by Sandy

I will start my modelling section of with the first RC truck I built, wrote a blow by blow

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #32299 by Sandy
As you will see it was a bit like putting the truck into a shredder then pulling the bits out and re-arranging them, cab and sleeper were cut from each other, roof was cut off the sleeper, (the high rise sleeper will be modelled of the Monogram 1/16 conventional Kenworth), after separating the bonnet from the cab, it

More
13 years 9 months ago #32300 by Sandy
Then the rear assembly was re built as I wanted to have brake boosters on all wheels, the boosters were made from plastic tube and plastistruct rectangle then cut to size and shape, spacers were then added, it wasn

More
13 years 9 months ago #32301 by Sandy

More
13 years 8 months ago #32302 by Sandy
8x20 mm posts were cut from 1/8 square brass tube these were to raise the cab and sleeper,
Cab and sleeper bases were bolted onto the frame using the 8x20 mm brass posts with 22mm bolts

With cab and sleeper now fixed in place, a V the width of the cab was marked and cut out of centre of the sleeper roof this is then be reversed over the cab and glued,
(I use chloroform as my glue with a glass syringe and needle as it melts the plastic better, also leaves very little smear on the model if some is spilt) this will give the extended slopping front to the high rise sleeper. After measuring the Monogram sleeper, I made 5 bulk heads to the same shape as the model, and expanded the dimensions to 1/14 so they would fit then glued them to a plate I had added to the inside top of the sleeper,( remember I have cut the roof off) it was then a case of filling in with plastic sheet to the shape of 5 baulk head profiles, some of these were stitched in with cotton, then when the glue dried the cotton was sanded off.
The sloping front ended up a flat sheet, so 1/8 strips were cut and glued to the edges and corner were put in, and this then gave the appearance of set back that was needed.
The spoiler came from a 1/8 scale Monogram Corvette shortened to fit, roof vent is from a 1/25 fuel tank end.

More
13 years 8 months ago #32303 by Sandy

The tool boxes relocated under the cab with handles fabricated from wire the bonnet top was the angle cut to fit between the cab and the grill, sides were made to fit the new shape with air cleaner slots cut out, the original mud guards were then glued in place as a support for the new ones, a new front panel lip was made to fit the bonnet/mud guards because of the set back, headlight front panels were designed that would use the headlight and the spot lights together, a side panel was formed to fit on the guard to give it the T650 box shape, the original mud guard had a section removed at the top for the air cleaner

More
13 years 8 months ago #32304 by Sandy
SORRY I HAVE LOST THESE BONNET BUILD PHOTO

More
13 years 8 months ago #32305 by Sandy

A spring loaded pogo stick (this holds the air hoses etc) was made from a sprung aerial base and some of tube.

The turn table (5th wheel) was rebuilt into a fully oscillating unit with a manual release handle, same as my own truck, this was done by using the original turn table, a 2

More
13 years 8 months ago #32306 by IDontKnow
And will he ever prove its existence as a truck?
Have seen photographs of it ... but never seen it move under its own power :exclamation

Sorry Tim ..... just could not resist :-/

Regards

More
13 years 8 months ago #32307 by Sandy
I dun no Bill, ya avent looked to ard av ya.

Did you look at Big RigsWA RC or diesel950 on utube under

Time to create page: 0.496 seconds