LOL
Cya
[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #32309 by bigcam
Sandy, is it stuck in top gear? looks great mate.

More
13 years 7 months ago #32310 by Sandy

Swishy, this is my first float job & I think you will relate to this regards backing the bloody thing.
I thought it was just like backing a normal trailer yer right !!!, I had furrows that deep in the ground from the dolly & drive wheels trying to get it where I wanted to get it to go I could have lost the dam truck & float in them.
Every body had a good laugh at my expense, and then they told me want to look for as I was backing, it took a while but I eventually masted the beast, live & learn.
And what happened to all the grey hair, dam that was some years ago alright, when I thought I knew everything.

Big Cam she was thrown together for a model show & the truck was locked in 2nd gear as the hand piece was only a cheapie plus the 3rows of 8 needed some led over the pin for traction.

Chris Mac, remember this ol girl??

More
13 years 7 months ago #32311 by Chris Mc
Hay Tim you should open it up and put a BIG yellow ute on it :D

More
13 years 7 months ago #32312 by IDontKnow
Hey Tim,

That was July LAST YEAR :o :o :o

Regards

More
13 years 7 months ago #32313 by Sandy
The exhausts were relocated to the back of the sleeper to lessen noise pollution in the cab; the exhausts framework was made from brass rectangle and square tube that was cut and joints soldered, inserts were inserted in the tube so I could drill and tap for the muffler bolts

Those damn mud guards will not come out looking right, it is really bugging me, so much so, that, IT was banished to Siberia (back cupboard in disgust).

Now some 6 to 7 years later I have retired and the other day I was surfing the net and came across the Tamiya Truck Club sight, there were a couple of really great models, one K.H was built as a Peter Built just by putting some stickers on it, this searchlight came on , maybe build the T650 as a

More
13 years 7 months ago #32314 by Sandy
NOW FOR SOME HAEDWARE.

Now this was literally blood, sweet and tears, I cut my self quite badly on some tin, it is 45 degrees in the shed and it took 3 attempts until I was happy with the front guard about a weeks work, I have some requests for the guards, they are so fiddley that they will cost you a truck kit (about 15 hours work) I have included the templates there is also a 1/8 lip on top of the template size.
There are 2 different types of guards, along top and a short top, as I was looking at building a float / block truck I will go with the long tops, the short tops can also be used on a trailer.

All these rear mud guards are made from 1/8 square brass tube and flat sheet soldered together, the front set will incorporate chain storage space with some mesh in the bottom (which will let the mud fall through), the rear set will have the stop/tail light

More
13 years 7 months ago #32315 by Sandy
The full set

More
13 years 7 months ago #32316 by ducky698
Hi, your getting there. mudgaurds look great.

Grant

More
13 years 6 months ago #32317 by Sandy
This was the beginning of my trade to make aerofoils for the

Time to create page: 0.512 seconds