Skip to main content

Tumut model show 2012.

More
12 years 2 months ago #70916 by Scummy
Hey guys I'm getting in early with this so everyone can try and make the trip........it's our 10th year of doing this so I'm hoping you guys will join us in trying to make this the best event yet!!!

So just a quick post announcing the:

10th NSW N.N.L. TITLES "A Decade of Modelling Excellence!"
Sunday 15th of April 2012
Boys Club Hall
Fitzroy St (Snowy Mountains Hwy)
Tumut NSW

Open 8am
Entries 8.30 til 11am.
Voting 11.30 til 12.30.
Presentations at 3pm.

All proceeds to charity. (Over the last 9 years we've donated nearly $30,000 to Canassist!)

Trade stands welcome but must prebook.

Catagory Listing:

Cars

Pre 49 open
Pre 49 closed
50-59
60-69
70-79
80-current
comp car open wheel
comp car enclosed drag
comp car enclosed other
light commercial

Trucks
Bobtail
Rigid
open goods
enclosed goods

Motorbikes

Junior vehicle

Junior other

Intermediatte

Ladies

Other model

Diorama

Military
under 1/35
1/35 and over German
1/35 and over other

Aircraft
1/72 and smaller prop
1/72 and smaller jet
over 1/72 WW2 and prior
over 1/72 Post WW2

Figures

Used, abused and neglected

Vessels

NNL Cup

Infamous(previous winners, bring along awards to display with model)

Longest Distance Travelled

Alan Bell Memorial Award

Rhys Crosskill Memorial Award

General Publics Choice

Most Popular of Show

Committee's Choice x3

This year will be slightly different, we now have the Rhys Crosskill Memorial award in honour of a great modeller and good mate, all of the trophies this year will have more significant meaning as Rhys donated a lot of his old trophies back to us to re-use so this year all the trophies are provided by Rhys. This will be the only year this will happen and a nice keep sake to add to your collection if you happen to score one! (Previously Brett has donated/paid for the trophies, this year Brett's vowed to donate the $400 trophy cost straight to Canassist! )

Pre event Pizza night again at the hall, hope to see you all there! It's the best chance for forum members to catch up as it's between Sydney and Melbourne, come along and meet the people you chat to every week face to face!

Plenty of awards and prizes as usual, the plastic mafia will be there in numbers again lurking around, and the usual crowd that's become a second family to most of us.

Great people, great atmosphere, great models and a great show!

Bring your models along and join in the fun!

Hope to see most of you guys there!!!!!! As usual it's a one day event.........that starts Friday and runs till Tuesday! Well at least it has over the last few years for us!

For more info contact:

Rob Burns (02) 69474309 or mobile 0400468928
thezodiac@bigpond.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #70917 by
Replied by on topic Re: Tumut model show 2012.
Hi I have loved all the models that have put up on here but I would to know what a DIORAMA is . Dave

More
12 years 2 months ago #70918 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: Tumut model show 2012.
Dave, a Diorama is like scene. So they use model cars/trucks/houses/people to recreate a scene. Baby Jesus in the manger I think is the most popular one, though maybe not with the truck blokes.

More
12 years 2 months ago #70919 by Scummy
Replied by Scummy on topic Re: Tumut model show 2012.
A diorama is a model on a base that has things around it that tell a story when you look at it , like a truck with the motor out of a chassis with blokes working on it .

12 years 2 months ago #70920 by
Well sounds like this show could be awsome and what great setting to be having it in . Dave

More
12 years 2 months ago #70921 by Scummy
Dave , this show is awsome it started out with an idea to have a show at the start of the year and at the end of the year have the wagga show . After lots of people blewing about rob trying to destroy the wagga show it took off like a freight train . Every year the show gets bigger and bigger with the judging being done by the people and not some judges who knows who owns what ;) so all judging is fair . The whole day or weekend for some, is like a bunch of truckies at a get together . I've been to all of them so far and have enjoyed all of them , AND all monies raised is givin to canassist who help out people with cancer in the country to get to doc appointments and make life a little easier . Thats the main reason i personally throw models and money at this show , come along and have a look if your in the area .

More
11 years 11 months ago #70922 by Scummy
Well guys the show went off really well with great weather , the whole weekend raised $3.500 and the guy runnin it recons his company will match it dolla for dolla .So far in the 10 years it's been going they have givin can assist $35.000 ! , not bad for a bunch of modellers . So here's some eye candy on the day .

This next couple of photo's are of trucks that are used on model train layouts .

More
11 years 11 months ago #70923 by knighty
Replied by knighty on topic Re: Tumut model show 2012.
those models are top class scummy,love the ford PM, never seen one in the flesh with spider wheels, be interestin' if anyone has a pic, i'll dig out a pic of a ford i have that model delivering.. they say.. the first semi load of wheat to Baradine silo. jk

Lotsa Big Toys

11 years 11 months ago #70924 by
Knight

Check out the number plate on the Ford, ?? Wonder if its one of our forum members.

Trevor

More
11 years 11 months ago #70925 by knighty
Replied by knighty on topic Re: Tumut model show 2012.
Very observant Trev, wouldn't mind a louie like that in the shed but i was talking about the other one.. heres a couple of pics of ours in it's hey day. jk

Lotsa Big Toys

Time to create page: 0.568 seconds