Skip to main content

Restored Road Boss .

More
11 years 11 months ago #81317 by Scummy
Restored Road Boss . was created by Scummy
I brought a box full of parts on ebay 3 years ago with the idea of rebuilding it .I managed to find a couple of boss's at swap meets and some bit's on ebay ,and used the best parts to make up one .

Below is the link to the whole story.
ozautobuilders.forum-motion.com/t2746-restoring-a-road-boss

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #81318 by richie
Replied by richie on topic Re: Restored Road Boss .
great work mate.Absolutley love it.I always loved the old road bosses in TNT colours :D :) ;) ::)

More
11 years 11 months ago #81319 by richie
Replied by richie on topic Re: Restored Road Boss .
Heres a pic of my TNT and my pic of road boss,you would remember that pic from the kwikasair thread which needs bringing back to life ha ha ha . :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

More
11 years 11 months ago #81320 by seattle62kw
Excellent job on the Road Boss, you've really captured the old TNT Bosses, always had a soft spot for them.

More
11 years 11 months ago #81321 by Scummy
Replied by Scummy on topic Re: Restored Road Boss .
Glad you fellas like the boss , going through your fleet numbers richie i figured that the number i'm going to put on her will be KT -187 as it's the earliest boss in the list . Because we got door handles and the later versions had cam lock door handles .
I did see the boss photo on other thread , i sortof stole it to work out the correct height of orange line and blacked out bonnett . Got into an argument awhile ago with a bloke that TNT did have boss's as i hooked up to a trailer at brunker road next to one , don't you just love a good disscusion LOL HA HA HA HA ;D

More
11 years 11 months ago #81322 by greenie
Replied by greenie on topic Re: Restored Road Boss .
Well, are you going to fit the in-famous TNT bullbar, it just aint finished till you do fit it ?

What did you use/ how did you make the TNT transfers on the door ?

The bonnet looks like it's the longer version, thought ALL the TNT Road Bosses had the Aussie shortened bonnet ?

Maybe Big Cam could advise on that one, as he did drive those vehicles for TNT.

regards greenie [smiley=vrolijk_1.gif]

More
11 years 11 months ago #81323 by Scummy
Gday mate , the decals on the door came from auslowe as well as mudflaps . The decal on deflector came from model train shop in queensland . The bull bar , i found a place in vic but they don't seem to answer emails .

More
11 years 11 months ago #81324 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: Restored Road Boss .
Greenie, I used to drive the one in the picture-216, I think it was 4TA 216 when I drove it but. 350 Cummins and a 9 speed with SP 40s on Hendrickson from memory.

More
11 years 11 months ago #81325 by seattle62kw
Boy, hope that person in Vic wasn't me, if it was it'd only be 'cause i didn't get it, though i can always do one of those bullbars for ya Scummy no worries.

More
11 years 11 months ago #81326 by Scummy
G,day mate , that photo is bloody gold !!!!!!
I sent an email to the mmta guy and i duno if he got it or what but thats cool , yer i'd be interested in a bar like these big jiggers and also the TNT coe kenny type ones also . Cheers scummy.

Time to create page: 0.501 seconds