Skip to main content

Taranto Twinro K123 Rebuild

More
11 years 11 months ago #81935 by seattle62kw
Well, Young Fella's post about his TNT K123 made me think i outa share my rebuild on my K123. I swapped this model which was built in the early '70's for a Quad Dog Tipper about 8 years ago. It just sat there until about a year ago when i decided i wanted to do a replica of one of Taranto Twinro's cabovers. So ithrew it in the freezer for a week (makes the glue brittle, missus hated it though!) then broke it down and stripped the paint off with caustic soda. I've put about 3/4's of the K123 parts i manufacture into this one as i'll also be using it for advertising etc. So out went the Cummins and in went one of my Silver 8V92's with a rear mounted turbo, after much deliberation i left the Hendrickson in instead of putting my Torsion bars in (building a W-Model with T/bars anyway), long range tanks, twin aircleaners with road train style roof mounted intakes and old style Donaldson silver air rams, 1/24th Malco's, 7" headlights, updated rear cab mounts, Durabar bullbar and a bucket load of other things! Got 3 weeks to have it totally finished for the model show in Ballarat on the 25th and it'll get there... i hope!
This is it before....

And now.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #81936 by Scummy
I just love rebuilds , gives you the pleasure of takin trucks that are past their used by date and getting them up and lookin a million dollars .

11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #81937 by
Replied by on topic Re: Taranto Twinro K123 Rebuild
g'day seattle .. she's looking real good mate. looking at the cab proportions, is there any way the sunvisor can be trimmed or something ?...just not thin enough and mounted a litte too low

all the best with the deadline....cheers

More
11 years 11 months ago #81938 by Young Fella
Great work Seattle, can't wait to see it finished at the Ballarat Show.

More
11 years 11 months ago #81939 by seattle62kw
Thanks :) Yeah, definitly know what you mean Detective. Going to break out the old grinder today and trim a couple of mm's off it 'cause it just don't look right.
Whoever built it before used a tube and half of glue on the thing, otherwise i would've taken it off for painting and refitted it properly. Actually the old AMT K123 sunvisors were never quite right in the first place come to think of it, too deep in the centre.

11 years 11 months ago #81940 by
.. it must have been across the model run as young fella's is the same

ps young fella i'll dig out those pete pics by next weekend and post them

More
11 years 11 months ago #81941 by dirty wheels
Gday Seattle,

I notice the wiring, are you lighting up the cab?

Looks fantastic, I'm gound to have to break ot mine I think.

Good luck DW ::)

And remember

More
11 years 10 months ago #81942 by Young Fella
Hey Seattle, any 'in progress' photos?

More
11 years 10 months ago #81943 by seattle62kw
Yep, and here they are :)
Not a whole lot left to do, have it finished by Friday no worries. Not happy with the engine angle but it's locked in now! Also know the Re-car mudflaps probably aren't correct but do you think i could find a photo of one, nup! But these look good so that's that!

11 years 10 months ago #81944 by
looking good seattle62kw .. the battery box ??... :-? :-?

keep up the good work....cheers

Time to create page: 0.518 seconds