Skip to main content

Seattle K100 Rebuild

More
11 years 9 months ago #84237 by seattle62kw
Well, 'cause i a show coming up on the Queens b/day weekend at Sandown Park i thought of either building a reefer for the Taranto Twinro Kenworth or doing a rebuild on the K100 tipper. Then when i was moving the Seattle the bin came off, and there's my answer!
Rather stripping and repainting the current cab i just cast up another one. Painted, masked, striped and cleared it in 4 days and it's not terrible! Lengthened the chassis a total of 100mm and scratch built the tray but to McGrath semi spec'. The combing rails are too deep but otherwise it's kinda on the money. The guards still have to be done though, and it's going to have a timber floor, just using stained Balsa though. Gates still need to be done as well as a Russ steel bullbar which i've never tackled yet.Chassis is still exactly the same as before with the 8V71 and 2 spring 380 Hendrickson. Has to be finished Friday arvo which will be exactly 10 days :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #84238 by Cooper
Replied by Cooper on topic Re: Seattle K100 Rebuild
How'd you go?

Get it finished?

More
11 years 9 months ago #84239 by seattle62kw
Nah, not quite, by about 2 days i reckon. Taking my time a bit more with it and make it a bit better. Half way through the floorboards which is time consuming as they all have four .025" rounded bolt heads on stems. So to measure, drill and fit the bolts 4 times per plank takes about 5 or 6 minutes and there's 40 of them. Then i'll have 2 stacks of 8 or so Chep pallets up the front of the tray plus front and rear gates. So this is what the model looks like right now.

Time to create page: 0.429 seconds