Skip to main content

W-925

More
11 years 9 months ago #87572 by seattle62kw
W-925 was created by seattle62kw
This one i built about 7 years odd years ago for a bloke in Hughenden as a Road Train. Started off with an old built AMT Watkins i got out of the 'States on ebay. Chassis was trashed so i used a new one and put an 8V92 and Road Ranger in it, kept the Hendrickson too. Plumbed all the chassis and fitted my resin spiders and PVC pipe fuel tanks wrapped with brushed alloy vinyl. Rear guards are scratch built as well. Cut the guts out of the grill and fitted alloy mesh and put a scratch built bullbar on it too. Sent it up to Townsville by truck, actually in the footwell of a CH Mack, but he got diverted in Sydney i think and ended up going to Perth! then back to Brisbane, down to Melb' and finally up to Townsville. Only thing that broke was 1 aerial, where as i sent up a flat bed with the wheels off and a ton of packing and it got there in not 1 piece but 6!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
11 years 9 months ago #87573 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: W-925

Evan
Gudday M8

Gr8 Pix
Keep m Cummin

iz there a S model Kenworth in the pipeline?

Cya
[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

11 years 9 months ago #87574 by
Replied by on topic Re: W-925
G'day Evan great work... and yes,what about a S-model.

Just some useless information,a W-925 designates torsion bar suspension which the earlier version of the Watkins AMT kit had.The later version had the hendrickson but they still marketed it as a W-925,should of been W-923 with 38,000lb rears. Cheers James.

More
11 years 9 months ago #87575 by seattle62kw
Replied by seattle62kw on topic Re: W-925
Now that's good to know, thanks Jimmy :) Now, the S-Model, well there's been lots of people asking the same question so maybe i better do something about it! I'm pretty sure i've got a dud 900 bonnet lying around that i could pinch the grill and some of the front of the guards from. Now they're accurate 900 measurements taken from Detective's 900, but is the grill exactly the same height as the S-Model? Otherwise i've got stacks of measurements taken off Greg Melmoths jigger and AJ's not too far from me so i could always go bother him for more pic's and measurements! At least the cabs all done and 99% spot on, the 1% is compensation for small details lost in scaling it down! I will be making a start on the LW in the next few days, though that one i'll be doing to suit the W cab, then probably the Seattle cab later on. Also will do the wide grill LW as i want to build the Fleet x press/Walter Wright/Megalift V12 one, plus i already do the 12V71N engine. Saw a pic Swishy put up of one of their S-Models with a nice new Seattle K100 on the float just off the ship and thought that'd be grouse to build so that's another one on my bucket list of trucks to build!

11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #87576 by
Replied by on topic Re: W-925
g'day evan .. these are the measurements for the grille apertures (grille area) for the 3 kennys in the shed

1962 S900 2' 3'' wide (686mm)
3' 3/4'' high (933mm)

1965 923R 2' 3'' wide (686mm)
2' 11'' high (889mm)

1969 W924 AR 2' 7 1/4'' wide (807mm)
3' 3/8'' high (924mm)

..so it shows the S model grille is taller than the 900 style by almost 2 inches

keep up the good work ....cheers

More
11 years 9 months ago #87577 by seattle62kw
Replied by seattle62kw on topic Re: W-925
Thanks Detective, that's a real big help mate. At least the width is the same and i'll only have to shorten it by 2.5mm. The big question though is this; on the 900 from the centre of the wheelarch to the front of the guard, including the headlight peaks, how close is this to the S-Model?

Time to create page: 0.454 seconds