Skip to main content

White Road Boss/Diamond Reo kit question

More
11 years 8 months ago #90799 by Young Fella
G'day all.

I have an idea for a White Road Boss project. So I am considering buying the AMT Road Boss kit. But from what I can see on the box this kit does not come with the battery boxes between the tanks and front wheel. But the Diamond Reo kit does have the battery boxes.
As these 2 kits are very similar, does anyone know if they come with a generic chassis and parts? If they do the battery boxes might be in the Road Boss kit, but just not used in the build up. If not, I will use the Diamond Roe kit and get a resin bonnet conversion.
Also, is the bonnet in the kit the same size etc. as the bonnet offered as a resin conversion?
All help appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Young Fella.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #90800 by Scummy
G,day mate , there's a reply to your question in the models of clive ? :D
The bonnett in the kit is the yankie long bonnett and the resin conversion is a short one .
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by Scummy.

More
11 years 7 months ago #90801 by Young Fella
Thanks Scummy, saw that message from Clive. Sounds like it won't matter which kit I buy, I will still have to get the resin conversion for it. Thanks for the info.

Darin.

More
11 years 6 months ago #90802 by seattle62kw
G'day Young Fella, well i suppose it all depends on just how accurate you want to go with the battery boxes and trays. On my Boss which i'm building as a replica of John Rehe's Desperado i've shortened the kit bonnet and shifted the cab foward, plus i've ended up scratch building the battery trays with the bonnet hold downs and batteries of course! I was lucky to catch a Road Boss waiting to unload about a year ago so i measured up the trays and their exact locations. So far they've been very easy to make and if you like i can give you the measurements and materials used, just give me yell :)

P.S. I know the bonnet looks a bit rough, but she ain't finished yet ;)

More
11 years 6 months ago #90803 by Young Fella
Thanks Seattle, very interested in those measurements mate. Keep photos of Desperado coming, I remember that jigger in its day.....WOW!!!

Time to create page: 0.462 seconds