Skip to main content

Western Transport .

More
11 years 2 months ago #105125 by Scummy
Western Transport . was created by Scummy
G,day , while surfing the ebay the other night i came across this little treasure , it cost $122 to my door .

8-)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #105126 by hoarder1
Replied by hoarder1 on topic Re: Western Transport .
Nice one, Scummy. I bought Dad one of those several years ago when I first saw them. At the time there was also a small kit available which made it look even more Australian. The kit included a spring type bull (nudge) bar and the exhaust exiting out the bottom of the truck instead of a stack. I believe the fellow who was making these small kits has since passed away. His sister told me she had no more of them.

Collector and admirer of ye olde crappe.  I'm interested in researching and collecting old numb

More
11 years 2 months ago #105127 by Scummy
Replied by Scummy on topic Re: Western Transport .
Bugger ! that bar would have looked great .

More
11 years 2 months ago #105128 by dirty wheels
I have one with the kit and will try and get it out for a photo shoot.

You have stumbled on gold there Scummy, a very nice model.

Nothing like a model of a truly Australian icon.

Enjoy

DW ;)

And remember

More
11 years 2 months ago #105129 by toe truk Billy
Scummy, hey great model and I see you spotted it on E-bay. Are these hard to find as I would love to get one? And can they bought assembled?

More
11 years 2 months ago #105130 by Scummy
Replied by Scummy on topic Re: Western Transport .
Mate , they are hard to come by . There is a rep in cronulla nsw but they go for mega money . Go to ebay toys and search for - first gear trucks, thats the name of the company who make these in the states . If you have paypal there's heaps of other trucks on the usa ebay ,they are much cheaper on there than here . They are already assembled and you can get them in 1/25th ,1/32 , mack trucks dealers sell a small collection as well but are also dear .

More
11 years 2 months ago #105131 by toe truk Billy
Scummy, thanks for that. I'll do some diggin.

More
11 years 2 months ago #105132 by waynestr
Replied by waynestr on topic Re: Western Transport .

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: Kunena\Forum\Libraries\BBCode\KunenaBBCodeLibrary::renderEbayLayout(): Argument #1 ($ItemID) must be of type int, string given, called in /home/hcvcorga/public_html/mainsite5/libraries/kunena/src/BBCode/KunenaBBCode.php on line 314. Please enable debug mode for more information.

More
11 years 2 months ago #105133 by toe truk Billy
Cool, waynestr. ebaying I go.

More
11 years 2 months ago #105134 by oldfulla
Replied by oldfulla on topic Re: Western Transport .
All

The Aussie conversions (Code 3 I think the term is) were done in quite a few familar names. And the mods were quite extensive.

I've got Linsday Bros with a perfect replica of their bull bars. they are converted to RHD etc.

I think I paid $500.00 about 12-15 years ago. I was always disappointed with the Yanky trailer. and more disappointed when it broke in two due to NQ heat. They gave me anew one under warranty - and it did the same thing.

I'll did it out and post apic.

Oldfulla

Time to create page: 0.616 seconds