Skip to main content

Modern Light Commercials.

More
6 years 11 months ago #181956 by asw120
Looks to be concave grille, if so - XK.

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roderick Smith

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago #183625 by Roderick Smith
Replied by Roderick Smith on topic Mercedes ute
161028F Melbourne Herald Sun - Mercedes Benz ute.
Roderick.
Attachments:

More
6 years 10 months ago #183630 by 600Dodge
XK

More
6 years 8 months ago #186053 by Roderick Smith
I'm not saving every one of these, but did stockpile this one.
161111F Melbourne Herald Sun - Ford Ranger vs Toyota Hilux.
Roderick.

Attachments:

More
6 years 8 months ago #186055 by Southbound
Ranger V Hilux? No contest, the Toyota will outlast them all!

I'd rather have tools that I don't need, than not have the tools I do need.

More
6 years 8 months ago #186067 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Modern Light Commercials.
Reckon you d be right.I ve spent the last two weeks removing and replacing the head on my Ford 2.5DT,it seems the head gasket has just started leaking thru age.Its 11 yr old but only 70,000ks ,and should still hold coolant.No corrosion,just coolant in the cylinders.After all the years of having zero issues with Perks,this POs me greatly.If I could put a 354 into the thing,I would.

More
6 years 7 months ago #186761 by JOHN.K.
Ive put a new head on the 2006 Courier,Chinese in origin.Its running good,but who knows how long it will last?Anyhoo,as the situation was ,I was without wheels ,so getting the old head pressure checked ,faced etc,wasnt an option.So I bought a new head ,valves ,bits and pieces from Engine and Transmission Parts,Melbourne.$720 to the door in Brisbane.Three days delivery.If it stuffs up in the short term,there s at least a hundred waiting to say "I told you so".None offered any help,though,when I asked for spare wheels for a couple of days on loan.I couldnt fault the fit or finish of the Chinese head,just hope it aint made of scrap drink cans.Anyway,time will tell.

More
6 years 7 months ago #186764 by JOHN.K.
Right at the outset,I went down to the Toyota dealer and had a look at a new HiLux.Petrol this time,partly for cost(diesel is $10k more),and partly because I dont like all the B/S with modern diesels.Anyway,the petrol HiLux aint a simple ute any more.Camshafts run by electric motors,dual weight flywheel&sealed clutch,EFI,7 air bags,and the "entry level" tray werent much good neither.I considered fixing up my old 1300 Inter/Perk,but that would take forever.Maybe a Harley and sidecar?Unfortunately old Harleys cost more than a new ute.Looks like my next vehicle is going to be a mobility scooter.

More
6 years 7 months ago #186782 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic Modern Light Commercials.
I reckon the 1310 isn't too bad. What would it take to make a Perk smoke free? New nozzles?

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
5 years 10 months ago #193964 by Roderick Smith
Where to place this one? It isn't modern, but it is a light commercial, and the type is now cult classic.
180531Th Melbourne Herald Sun - art VW Kombi.

Roderick.

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.552 seconds