Skip to main content

Modern truck

More
7 years 2 months ago #179769 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Tray towtruck
Isuzu I reckon and a little Holden Barina on the back ?????

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roderick Smith

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #179906 by Roderick Smith
Replied by Roderick Smith on topic Three at work
Thanks for the Isuzu id; the model 500 was readable, so it is one of these:
www.truckworld.com.au/New-Trucks/ISUZU/F...9/Specification.aspx
Today, another three which I can't identify:
170228Tu Melbourne 'Herald Sun' - Cleanaway truck. [make/model?]
170227M Metro Twitter Melton Hwy, Sydenham (Melbourne, Vic.), tunnelling to locate services before commencing grade separation. (LXRA)
170227M Metro Twitter - Elizabeth St (Melbourne, Vic.): Truck supporting tram-track work. [delivering gravel? make/model?]

Roderick

Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by Roderick Smith. Reason: wrong photo posted

More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #179912 by werkhorse
Replied by werkhorse on topic Three at work
top one is F series Isuzu ( one of the larger in the series)

Next is a Scania ...yes I can tell from the back end .....those drive mudguards are specific to Scania ;)

And bottom one is a T350/358 Kenworth

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by werkhorse.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roderick Smith

More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #179927 by Roderick Smith
Thanks 'Werkhorse' for those three identifications. Obviously, in my main hobby (railways) I can (and do) identify from equally-subtle clues; in the world of trucking, I must rely on others.
Here are two more modern ones. Even I can get Isuzu and Scania.
170215W Melbourne Age - traytruck & fire appliance at a car prang.

Roderick

Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by Roderick Smith. Reason: extra words
The following user(s) said Thank You: werkhorse

More
7 years 1 month ago #180283 by Roderick Smith
Replied by Roderick Smith on topic Logging Kenworth
Roderick.

Heyfield mill closure threat: Negotiations delayed by Victorian Government.
Herald Sun March 10, 2017.
NEGOTIATIONS to save hundreds of timber worker jobs at Australia’s largest hardwood timber mill in Gippsland have been delayed by the Victorian Government.
The new deadline comes after Agriculture Minister Jaala Pulford cut short her trade mission to Dubai last week to fly home to brief cabinet on potential fixes to keep the mill open.
Government Spokesman Tom Whitty said despite the eleventh hour request for an extension, which was accepted by the Australian Sustainable Hardwood mill, negotiations remained open.
“The decision to return to Victoria after three days in Dubai to attend Gulfood was made prior to the Ministers’ travel schedule being finalised,’’ he said.
“Discussions with Australian Sustainable Hardwood are ongoing and all parties continue to constructively work through these difficult issues.”
Negotiations to save hundreds of timber worker jobs at Australia’s largest hardwood timber mill in Gippsland have been delayed by the Victorian Government. Picture: Dannika Bonser
The Gippsland business announced it would close in September after VicForests, the state logging company, offered the mill just 80,000 cubic metres of timber a year after the supply deal expires in June.
ASH maintained it would cripple the business which employs 260 workers and impacts on thousands of manufacturers, hardwood suppliers and related industries in Victoria.
Director Clinton Tilley said it had been a stressful time for workers and families in the region.
“Our staff have been in limbo for 6 weeks and it is taking its toll on them,’’ Mr Tilley said.
“Over a hundred thousand dollars have been spent attaining information and reports for the government over the last 5 weeks, and this cannot continue.
“While we are doing everything we can to keep this mill open, there comes a point where the rubber hits the road and the government needs to make the decision.
Up to 50 workers are planning a peaceful rally outside Treasury Place on Tuesday when the Cabinet meets to discuss a potential deal.
The company has asked for an increased timber supply and a $40 million Victorian Government package to refit the mill.
•Country’s biggest hardwood timber mill faces closure.
•7000 jobs at risk if Heyfield timber mill closes.
•Australian Sustainable Hardwoods delays decision on Heyfield timber mill closure.
•Ed Gannon: Is Heyfield Mill the next crisis for Andrews Government?
< www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/heyfi...ea18fc1329a5c4645548 > six comments, entirely political sniping.

with

Attachments:

More
7 years 1 month ago #180285 by werkhorse
Replied by werkhorse on topic Logging Kenworth
Geez .... nice to see a W900 still logging .... most likely a W924AR ..... with Six rod rear suspension (most were Six Rod as loggers here in Tassie) .... nearly have to be a Cummins too ....probably a 400 BCIII ;)

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

More
7 years 1 month ago #180314 by Southbound
Replied by Southbound on topic Logging Kenworth
Don't try this with a cheaper brand of truck! :evil:

I'd rather have tools that I don't need, than not have the tools I do need.

More
7 years 1 month ago #180345 by Roderick Smith
170312Su Melbourne Herald Sun - Lara (Vic.) CFA fire appliance, plus a Case tractor.

Roderick

Attachments:

More
7 years 1 month ago #180717 by Roderick Smith
170321Tu Melbourne Age - rubbish truck.

Roderick

Attachments:

More
7 years 4 weeks ago #180899 by dno
Replied by dno on topic Modern truck