Skip to main content

Modern truck

More
10 years 1 month ago #117111 by werkhorse
Replied by werkhorse on topic Re: Modern truck
T line? Or 4870 Atklinson?

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #117112 by atkipete
Replied by atkipete on topic Re: Modern truck
Am thinking Atkinson but I am not sure why.

10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #117113 by
Replied by on topic Re: Modern truck
...didn't the Atkinsons have their headlights in the grille?....maybe the earlier ones didn't?

More
10 years 1 month ago #117114 by To a T
Replied by To a T on topic Re: Modern truck
It is an Atkinson.The 4870 Atkinson had a set of lights down low like a T line and a set of lights set high in the grille. Same cab different grille and trim. These are obscured by the Oversize signs. IPEC had the lower lights moved to pair them with the the set in the grille. Not sure why but might have something to do with GM powered option. Sure someone will enlighten us on this and set record straight.
David

10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #117115 by
g'day T .. i remember the twin side by side 7'' inch headlights in the IPEC Atkinsons with the driving lights set down low in the bullbars...

... i'm pretty sure they all ran big HP Detroits...435 and 475 silver 92's....jeeeez they were the days! :D :D :D

...PS .. this doubling up of headlight power may have been to do with the overnight fast transfer of freight all year 'round...

More
10 years 1 month ago #117116 by To a T
Replied by To a T on topic Re: Modern truck
Yep those were the days. Don't know if they would get away with high set headlsights today. I have 4 of those mongrel P320 Scanias with the driving lights set in the sunvisor like most European.... today. Forever getting harassed by authorties about the legallity of these even though standard equipment and registered by NSW RTA. Biggest mistake International did was go Iveco. I know bought out. Had an Iveco once-don't get me started. I still have the old faithful T line bought new by my father and still earning her keep. Can always rely on the old girl to start first time and get the job done. Sorry for spit but now feel a bit better. Bring back the real Inters.
David

10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #117117 by
...those Atkinson's and high set Inter 2670's were real bangers in their day T .. in regards to the lamps out front, i 'spose these were no different to the late 70's Kenworths or Macks that got the bigger headlight clusters also...although there was an initial stink with authorities about their application...

More
10 years 1 month ago #117118 by Roderick Smith
Replied by Roderick Smith on topic Re: Scania
At last, one where I can get the make (but not the model).

140201Sa Box Hill (Melbourne, Vic.). Chinese New Year street festival. Scania hauling extra public toilets. (Roderick Smith)
The southern half of Whitehorse Rd was closed to through traffic, and was filled with food stalls and carnival attractions.

Roderick B Smith
Rail News Victoria Editor

More
10 years 1 month ago #117119 by Phred1
Replied by Phred1 on topic Re: Modern truck
My modern truck I get to drive
[IMG

More
10 years 1 month ago #117120 by atkipete
Replied by atkipete on topic Re: Modern truck
I reckon that would look good in battleship grey.

Time to create page: 0.480 seconds