Skip to main content

ABOUT ME

More
14 years 9 months ago - 14 years 9 months ago #10976 by aussie l plate
ABOUT ME was created by aussie l plate
been poking around hear for a wile now, bever said much, never done much, but thaught i would post a couple of pics, one is my normal truck i drive a k104b, and the other is of the tow treuck i drive on the side, the huge western star
Last edit: 14 years 9 months ago by Andy Wright.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
14 years 9 months ago #10977 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: ABOUT ME

AlP
GuddayM8

?Wot donk n HP

How many cliks on clok?

how reliable?

InQuiring mindz need to no U no

LOL

Cya

[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
14 years 9 months ago #10978 by aussie l plate
Replied by aussie l plate on topic Re: ABOUT ME
swishy, she is about 15 months old, 550 c 15 cat omly done 280,000klm, great truck so far, no drama with it at all yet, and rides pretty bloody good for a cab over

More
14 years 9 months ago #10979 by aussie l plate
cant seem to get the pick of the tow truck uploaded grr

More
14 years 9 months ago - 14 years 9 months ago #10980 by ianoz
Replied by ianoz on topic Re: ABOUT ME
Swishy ,Need you ask? LOTS HEAPS VERY ITS a KENWORTH ian
Last edit: 14 years 9 months ago by ianoz.

More
14 years 9 months ago - 14 years 9 months ago #10981 by aussie l plate

finally got the western star pic up, hope it worked
Last edit: 14 years 9 months ago by Andy Wright.

More
14 years 9 months ago - 14 years 9 months ago #10982 by huppypuppy
Replied by huppypuppy on topic Re: ABOUT ME

s671.photobucket.com/albums/vv76/aussiel...nt=GetAttachment.jpg
finaaly got the western star pic up, hpoe it worked

Aussie_l_plate,

I see it's in NTI colours but it isn't European with a Aussie Ekebol body on it - this one is also in NTI colours but IS European with a Ekebol body:

Swishy, the details on this MAN are below for you:
Chassis: MAN F2000 26.506
Engine: MAN V10 twin-turbocharged diesel, 506hp/~375kW
Transmission: Fuller 16 speed
Drive axles: MAN Hypoid single reduction
Suspension: MAN 6-rod
Body: Ekebol TS20
SWL Recovery Crane Cables: 20 tonnes each
Max load: 100 tonnes
Owner: David & Patty Swain, Outback Recovery Service, Dubbo, NSW

Go to www.ekebol.com/pages/ts20.html for more info!
Joe

PS: Love the 'Star though!
Last edit: 14 years 9 months ago by huppypuppy.

More
14 years 9 months ago #10983 by aussie l plate
huppy, the western star runs a miller body on it, miller industries are one of the leading tow truck body builders in the us....... the body is a century 9055, the crane has a 50 ton capacity, and as for the nti colours, alot of the towing contractors, who have the nti contract, have too run there trucks in nti colours................

More
14 years 9 months ago #10984 by huppypuppy
Replied by huppypuppy on topic Re: ABOUT ME

huppy, the western star runs a miller body on it, miller industries are one of the leading tow truck body builders in the us....... the body is a century 9055, the crane has a 50 ton capacity, and as for the nti colours, alot of the towing contractors, who have the nti contract, have too run there trucks in nti colours................

Aussie l plate,

I talked to Patty, the co-owner of this MAN, and she said they have had the NTI contract for Dubbo and the Western Plains of NSW for quite some time and used their red Macks as the trucks until this one came along.... it took them 10 years to get it and it's been in Dubbo for just over 14 months now!

Saw it yesterday with a broken-down Freightliner Argosy on the back and she made light work of it with the twin-turbo'd V10 engine!

Joe

More
14 years 9 months ago #10985 by paul404
Replied by paul404 on topic Re: ABOUT ME
hi aussie l plate,

nice looking set up. i drive a k108 with a 550 cummins. we got it new in august 2008 and its done 320000km so far. i have always been a fan of the KW cab over until now. having worked for a couple of companies with fleets of them i have been through alot of them and they have been very reliable. then the 108 came along. well its got the latest egr cummins engine in it. these new engines run way hotter than the older ones so they come out with a huge 10 blade fan that makes more noise than an areoplane. this fan is in and out all day long regardless of the weather. its so noisy in the cab i wear ear plugs. thats no joke. it gets to you after a while. have you heard of any others with the same problem? its been back to the KW dealer but you might as well take it to the kindergarten. also when the fan cuts out around town under accelaration you swear the front wheels are coming off the ground. it takes that much power out of the engine. it also uses about 30l more fuel a day than my old truck but like i say to them if it would run cooler then the fan would not be in all the time then we might save fuel. other problems. the cab rubs on the after cooler. their fix, put 50mm spacers under the rear cab mounts. didnt work. not only was the cab laying forward and looked poxy, they crow bared the exhaust brackets up which made them crooked and leak and put stress on the exhaust flex which came loose and wore out the exhaust t-piece. they didnt bother to raise the air cleaner up to meet the air ram pipe that didnt ocurr to them. so after wrecking all that stuff they decided to pull the spacers out of the mounts so the cab still rubs on the after cooler. the gear shift was also tight from day dot. new gearbox they said. well it got that tight across the nuetral gate i was pushing the gearstick with my knee to get it across. didnt do any favors for my shoulder. after 3 or 4 goes at it and replacing cables that didnt fix it, they worked out that it was binding up in the joint below the gearstick. now its free as a bird and the best one ive used in a cab over. as trucks go the KW product is a good one and they charge accordingly. however they are starting to go down hill with their finishing off and engineering. after all these years i cant understand why your leg still has to rub on the gearstick and you cant sit square to the steering wheel. the seat just about rubs on the door pillar. why cant they change inside the cabin to make it more comfortable. in my opinion if they dont smarten up soon they will end up like land rovers,.... left behind. they are a good truck, they really need to do something with the cabs. well thats my rant for today
regards paul

Time to create page: 0.523 seconds