Rex M80
Looks like there iz sum not happy
LOL

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #136169 by atkipete
I was told ( at the conference ) that they had plenty of staff, all set to go and I was about to write an article along those lines.

More
10 years 1 month ago #136170 by mactaylor
I have to send 2 of 4.85m wide concrete tanks from walla walla nsw to sale in vic in about a month, better put the permit in now!!!!!!!

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
10 years 1 month ago #136171 by Swishy
Rumor haz it th@ Vicroads will take over in Vic on Tooosdee
so allow n for a back log it may take a week
jist guess n out side the square
LOL
Best O Luck O
cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
10 years 1 month ago #136172 by rex
There is little doubt now after two weeks the NHVR have two serious problems. The application form is a Dog and the people processing the applications lack proper training.
While I have done everything possible to help by working with the NHVR it is now my opinion that the only way forward is to hand it back to the States. Then start from scratch training the Permit officers with a system similar to the South Australia and NSW permit application and issuing electronic method.

Rex

Making a small effort to save the history of road transport in Australia by being in front of Simms

More
10 years 1 month ago #136173 by Jumbo
People have been issues permits but the info was wrong so back to the drawing board, permits were lost from old to new system been over a month then they find out it was lost when trying to see whats happening

Qld and VIC have taken over permits for the time being to help

Still it is not a national system for overmass / size as states are still want rule over us

Qld & Vic are similar in rule Night up to 3.1 wide and drop decks can have overmass eg single item (why run a quad or tri float with higher tare when a drop deck lower tare lower overall weight on the road for the same machine eg a 24 ton dozer)give operators flexability for a general load return.

Permited
QLD drive 18.5 & 27 on tri
NT 18.5 drive 25.tri.
Vic 18.5 drive

NSW - ,drop decks no overmass at all even float with a small deck on the goose is over 1 metre high is classed as a drop deck max 20t on tri / 16.5 on drive

we need one set of rules (understanding some areas may need special restrictions )
so not a national system

still the NHVR should of started with a area of policy say driving hours the a month later period permits the single trip as they are the difficult ones to issue , this may have help all the industry

RFW # 116 - 4x2

More
10 years 1 month ago #136174 by JR
certainly some dramas with the NHVR, put 2 applications in on the 12th this month, had a phone call a day later asking some straight forward questions and haven't heard or seen a thing since!!! dosen't matter now as both jobs are done.This is not helping us at all, just adds more stress & dramas to a simple task, but what do you do, had a good relation with the RTA staff at Glenn Inness, many applications with no problems,usually had the permit back within 24-48hrs. Has this gone for good or can it be sorted,I hope so as its started to have an impact on my business, because the client dosen't understand why their frieght must weight for 2 weeks plus for a piece of paper!! >:( >:( >:( cheers JR

More
10 years 1 month ago #136175 by JR
Well there ya go!! just recieved this :) :) :)

From this morning, Roads and Maritime has been granted delegation by the NHVR to assist with the permit applications and renewals of Class 1 oversize and overmass permits for travel solely within NSW. Roads and Maritime will only assess and issue permits for NSW State roads. Operators will need to contact local government for access to local roads. Contact details for local councils can be obtained from www.dlg.nsw.gov.au/dlg/dlghome/dlg_Subur...p.asp?mi=0&ml=7&ba=b

This is a temporary measure to assist the NHVR in fast tracking permit processing.

You can apply for a permit or renew an existing permit via the online special permits or using the Class 1 permit application forms.

Permit applications for interstate journeys need to be sent to the National Heavy Vehicle Regulator for processing. Any applications received for travel commencing or finishing at a state border location will be declined and you will be referred to contact the NHVR.

To subscribe or update your contact details to the RMS Special Permits mailing list, please click here

Regards, Pat

Patrick Munro
A/ Manager Special Permits

Road Network Operations | Journey Management
E spu@rta.nsw.gov.au
www.rms.nsw.gov.au

Roads and Maritime Services
Grey Street Glen Innes NSW 2370 | PO Box 94 Glen Innes NSW 2370

Before printing, please consider the environment

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachment to it are intended only to be read or used by the named addressee. It is confidential and may contain legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistaken transmission to you. Roads and Maritime Services (RMS) is not responsible for any unauthorised alterations to this e-mail or attachment to it. Views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, and are not necessarily the views of RMS. If you receive this e-mail in error, please immediately delete it from your system and notify the sender. You must not disclose, copy or use any part of this e-mail if you are not the intended recipient.

More
10 years 1 month ago #136176 by atkipete
It will be a pity if the NHVR falls over altogether, it has taken 40 years to get this far.

More
10 years 1 month ago #136177 by Phred1
Sounds like they have gone back to the states doing it until they get there systems sorted confusion to the maxas per normal ...Peter

Time to create page: 0.528 seconds