Skip to main content

1990 UD CMF87 or international n1650 engine

• Topic Author
10 years 2 months ago #136234 by
Not sure if I need one yet but just wondering if anyone might have one they might consider selling.

This is what it looks like.

www.nationaltruckspares.com.au/P_Nissan-...6&page=1%C2%A0%C2%A0

Trevor

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #136235 by geoffb
Trev
Had that one of mine done a few years a go now and was about 7k from memory

• Topic Author
10 years 2 months ago #136236 by
Browny

I hear you on the price so far a rebuild kit is about $3500.

I hope to hear back on the head on Monday but looks like it has done a injector sleeve and also a head gasket.

Just trying to decide if I do an in chassis rebuild will the heads off as it's got 860k on the clock.

Trevor

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #136237 by kenny-mopar
i done a in chassis rebuild of a UD NE6 motor (7.4 litre) .. actually with the rebuild kit going genuine was also the cheapest ! they are a tuff old motor although from memory i think the sleeves are a press fit ? (i done everything apart from using the new sleeves that came in the kit)
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by kenny-mopar.

More
10 years 1 month ago #136238 by To a T
Slo,
From experience I would not recommend an imported motor. We had a brand new crate motor from UD fitted in our old CMA87/Inter. It was supposed to be an Aussie motor,ended up being A Jap Import. Like All Jap imports they are for the Jap market. Now believe this or not-they are the same but completely different. Did a water pump on it and had to do alot of work to have the new pump fit. Have bought an imported Hino motor and had this trouble too. Fixed problem- sold truck. I still have the old UD. My problem is I am sentimental and have too much respect for the old girl to sell her. All in all a bloody good little truck. I would rebuild yours,you know what they say-better the devil you know.
David

More
10 years 1 month ago #136239 by geoffb
To a T
Have a look a couple of post previous ole Slo Speed him gone :o :o :o

• Topic Author
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #136240 by
...he was logged in yesterday arvo Geoff .. wonder what caused the dummy spit?

More
10 years 1 month ago #136241 by atkipete
Slo has done a lot of good work for the vintage truck movement and hopefully we will have him back on board soon.

More
10 years 1 month ago #136242 by Bugly

Slo has done a lot of good work for the vintage truck movement and hopefully we will have him back on board soon.

Yep, and I still owe him a beer!! :-?

1948 Fordson E83W 10/10 pickup

More
10 years 1 month ago #136243 by bparo
seeing exmember beside his name surprised me too. However he did say to me he was planning to withdraw from some of the social sites. I thought he meant Facebook but I must have been wrong.

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

Time to create page: 0.509 seconds