Skip to main content

early 90's Iveco V8 info

9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #141495 by
Replied by on topic Re: early 90's Iveco V8 info

Iveco stands for Industrial VEhicles COmpany. It was formed by several manufacturers including Magirus-Deutz. I think its actually controlled by CNH, which is in turn owned by Fiat. Fiat has a lot of fingers in a lot of pies including GM, Ford and Chrysler to name a few.

I haven't had a lot to do with Iveco's, but I haven't heard anything good about them. I think the Acco's even went a bit up the creek when they stuck the Iveco badge on the front...

..... ol' mates from the highway reckon IVECO stands for Interstate Vehicle Every C*** Overtakes! :o :o ;D ;D

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #141496 by Wilweld
Don't know about this model, but it seems that with most Ivecos it's shitty little things that go wrong and cause a world of drama. For instance some of the later models of Stralis had to be completely re plumbed because of the plastic air lines failing, and the little Dailys had a funny thing where the coolant level sensor would leak, the coolant would wick down the wiring harness into the cab and blow up the computer- only fix was to remove most of the interior to completely replace the wiring harness and computer :o

'79 F100- 302c 4spd&&'81 F350- Isuzu 6BB1&&Chamberlain Industrial MK11  (6G)

More
9 years 11 months ago #141497 by lower yp sth aust
i find it interesting that the Fiat power group that produces around 3 million engines a year for different equipment seem to have some reliability issues ,mainly electrical from what ive heard

More
9 years 11 months ago #141498 by overnite

i find it interesting that the Fiat power group that produces around 3 million engines a year for different equipment seem to have some reliability issues ,mainly electrical from what ive heard

Fix It Again Tony

More
9 years 11 months ago #141499 by lower yp sth aust
this is the new cursor 16 800 -850 hp which is rumored to be going in Case and Newholland headers and Case Stieger tractors

More
9 years 11 months ago #141500 by dieseldog
Do you know what to do if you look up and see a Case header falling from the sky? Nothing, it will stop before it gets to you!

Cursor- that's what you become when it leaves you stuck on the side of the road.

FIAT: Feeble Italian Attempt (at) Transportation.
FIAT: Failure in Automotive Technology
FIAT: Fix It All the Time
FIAT: Freaking Indestructible Agricultural Tractors

More
9 years 10 months ago #141501 by Phred1
Replied by Phred1 on topic Re: early 90's Iveco V8 info
motor stayed ok as long as maintanance was up to scratch just need BIG fuel tanks uses fuel like it's going out of fashion, and as was said previously all the little bits just keep on breaking Peter

Time to create page: 0.445 seconds