Skip to main content

Modern buses

More
7 years 11 months ago #168724 by Roderick Smith
130327W Georges River Rd, Sydney (NSW): Route of the former Ashfield tram line; Volvo bus 4921. (Jeff Bounds)

From ABFL: STA Sydney Buses & Newcastle Buses fleet 4921, m/o4921.
Volvo B12BLE Euro 5 / CC CB60 Evo II, built in July 07; seating B44DW.

Roderick.

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #169042 by Roderick Smith
Princes Hwy, Kogarah South (Sydney, NSW): Veolia Mercedes 307. Wed.27.3.13. (Jeff Bounds)
From Bus Fleets Australia (which lists under the Transdev name):
307 m/o 9483 Mercedes-Benz O500LE / Bustech VST built June 91, B55FW seating. Taren Point.

Roderick
Attachments:

More
7 years 11 months ago #169397 by Roderick Smith
Inkerman St, St Kilda: Tram-replacement bus during relaying of track in Carlisle St, including the Chapel St corner. Sun.9.6.13. (Jeff Bounds)
The number seems to be 4514. That is consistent with this from ABFL:
Grenda Corporation, Moorabbin Transit.
Fleet Number 514; Registration 4514AO.
Mercedes Benz O405NH / Volgren CR221L, built May 00, seating B45DW.

Roderick

Attachments:

More
7 years 11 months ago #169590 by Roderick Smith
Dandenong Rd at Orrong Rd, Armadale (Melbourne, Vic.): Ventura bus 660, connecting with a different tram in Hawthorn Rd, during the relaying of the Dandenong & Wattletree Rd junction. Sat.25.5.13. (Jeff Bounds)
From ABFL:
7283AO MAN 16.240 / Designline, Feb.09, seating B41DW, livery Smartbus . Was Ventura 660. To Transdev in Dec.13.

Roderick

Attachments:

More
7 years 10 months ago #169713 by Roderick Smith
Replied by Roderick Smith on topic Modern buses
130510F St Kilda Rd at Dorcas St (Melbourne, Vic.): Melbourne City Sightseeing double-deck bus. (Jeff Bounds)
From ABFL:
Six buses were imported by Skylight, then were transferred to MCS.
8514AO Leyland Olympian / Alexander, built May 88, seating H47/26D.
8515AO Leyland Olympian / Alexander Jan.88, seating H47/26D.
9350AO Leyland Titan / Park Royal Jan.88.
9351AO Leyland Titan / Park Royal Jan.88.
9352AO Leyland Titan / Park Royal Jan.88.
9353AO Leyland Titan / Park Royal Jan.88.
Close inspection of the original scan hints at 9352AO.

Roderick.

Attachments:

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #169729 by Bobsboy
Replied by Bobsboy on topic Modern buses
Hi,

Not a flame or criticism, to cause trouble or offence, just a laid back Sunday morning armchair first impression passing strange comment/ observation of no weight or importance.

That Sightseeing double-deck bus (Post 169713).
What a lame idea that was.

I mean if its your bus you can do anything you want with it but;
The topless tour bus was presumably first developed for the purpose allowing our country cousins to marvel at the height of our big city buildings over three stories tall.

Taking a serviceable roof off a serviceable bus and replacing it with this rather tacky, jerry built looking construction (assuming the original roof wasn't inadvertently remove through driver inattention) seems a passing strange idea.

If you just wanted to provide your passengers with a wild back to nature wind in their hair tour bus experience. . . just take the bloody windows out of the original bus!

But as always, what would I know? and
IDSTBC.
:huh: :unsure: :dry:

LOL (up my sleeve and quietly to my self).

-b

Mucking about on the edge
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Bobsboy. Reason: typo

More
7 years 10 months ago #169831 by Roderick Smith
Melbourne had open-top double-deck buses ex Hong Kong, but Melbourne City Council put a stop to them over safety fears with tram wires (and maybe street trees too).
Ballarat Tramway Museum has an open-top double-deck horse tram, operated only on special occasions (AFAIK Mothers Day / Heritage Week this coming Sunday is one such). It was tested by having the tall secretary stand on an upper seat; he still couldn't reach the wire. Even so, when it is operated, top-deck passengers must remain seated, and a conductor is rostered there to ensure compliance.

Elphin Rd, Launceston (Tas.): Metro Scania/Ansair 601. Wed.5.6.13. (Jeff Bounds). This was formerly a tram route.
From Australian Bus Fleet Lists: registration MET601, Scania N113CRB / Ansair Tasmania VOV2, built Feb.93, seating B42D.

Roderick

Attachments:

More
7 years 10 months ago #169832 by werkhorse
Must be the one that does the long route .... through Norwood .... usually they turn left there as that's the way to Waverley and St.Leonards (my home turf)..... it's a mongrel if an intersection for trucks .... the brake shop behind the bus has had the front ripped off a few time over the years

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

More
7 years 10 months ago #170029 by Roderick Smith
King St at Eliza St & Enmore Rd at Newtown bridge, Newtown (Sydney, NSW): Sydney Buses Scania/Ansair 3818. Wed.19.6.13. (Jeff Bounds)
From Australian bus fleet lists:
Bus 3818: m/o3818, Scania / Ansair Orana, built Jan.98 seating B43DW.

Roderick
Attachments:

More
7 years 10 months ago #170198 by Roderick Smith
130619W George St at Railway Square (Sydney, NSW): Volvo B12BLEA / Volgren CR228L 2204ST. (Jeff Bounds).
From Australian Bus Fleet Lists: 2204ST Volvo B12BLEA Euro 5 / Volgren CR228L VT0114, built Oct.10, seating AB52TW, Metrobus Leichhardt.

Roderick

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.587 seconds