Skip to main content

Modern buses

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #142990 by Roderick Smith
Replied by Roderick Smith on topic Re: SA school buses
Two Wells (SA). Schoolbuses. Wed.26.11.14. (Jeff Bounds)

Australian Bus Fleet Lists jumps from 1484 (Toyota Coaster VQR484) to 1490 (different Coaster model).
The chances are that this 1486 matches 1484.
1484 VQR 484 Toyota Coaster HZB30R Arakawa - 1988 B21C Loch

The rear one has been identified elsewhere as a Daewoo BH117L, probably 1580 S580-AQG from Clare.

Roderick B Smith
Rail News Victoria Editor

Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Roderick Smith.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #142991 by Eddy
Replied by Eddy on topic Re: Modern buses
My office ...

Be it firearms or V8 engines, the question is not "why should you have them?"
, but "who are you to demand that I justify them?"

More
9 years 2 months ago #142992 by raafy
Replied by raafy on topic Re: Modern buses
One of four new buses added to the Bacchus Marsh Coaches fleet a couple of weeks ago. Haven't had anything to do with them yet as I am in the Melton depot & not the Bacchus Marsh depot.

[IMG

[IMG

MOVED FROM CAIRNS TO VICTORIA & STILL TRYING TO WORK OUT WHY

More
9 years 2 months ago #142993 by Thunder Down Under
Replied by Thunder Down Under on topic Re: Modern buses
Those mirrors are absolutely 'supamegafugly' :o

TDU

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
9 years 2 months ago #142994 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: Modern buses
Me thinx U right TDU

but also supa effective

;D

(nex best doodadd iz a camera n screen)

LOL
cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
9 years 2 months ago #142995 by atkipete
Replied by atkipete on topic Re: Modern buses
If a less skilled driver, like myself, was to whack one of the mega mirrors on a lamppost, how much would they cost to replace?

More
9 years 2 months ago #142996 by Roderick Smith
They are universal in central and South America, probably many other countries. IIRC they are adjustable electronically for manoeuvring in tight confines. Search on my Brazil photos.
Roderick B Smith
Rail News Victoria Editor

9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #142997 by
Replied by on topic Re: Modern buses
...at least they could've painted 'em black to blend in with the tinted windows and body line...the way they are they stand out like a pimple on your arse ::) ::)

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #142998 by Bobsboy
Replied by Bobsboy on topic Re: Modern buses
Hi,

I got a bus story too. (Monday this week)

Share a change of traffic lights with an old '80's Denning Coach with GREEN roof :o
The rest of it was all white but looks like it was also painted by the workshop boys.

Sitting there looking it over from my slightly cramped position (in small car). Metal Denning badge, check. Landseer above the door, check. Original mirror, check. A bit of rust discoloured paint, check. Wheel coloured wheels, check.

So, there I was airily musing on what kind of story this old bus would have. . .
I recall them as the Industry Standard in their day, and everybody ran one if they could.

Lights change and we're all off.
Eventually got to see the side of this old banger and bugger me again, :o it was full of seats and curtains.

It's still working. :o thrice

I don't know where it's from, but Adelaide is pretty full at the moment so it may be around doing locals from interstate charter or a local banger come out from the back of the yard to earn its keep for another year.

I'll be looking out for it now for a while and will try for a photo op and maybe a yarn with the driver.

just saying,

-b

Mucking about on the edge
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Bobsboy.

More
9 years 2 months ago #142999 by theroadbossman
Replied by theroadbossman on topic Re: Modern buses
It is not only in Adelaide...
Here in Sydney only a few weeks ago I was called to look at a "smoker" - on investigation it was a 1977 Denning and the name smoker refers to how customers describe their problems to me before I got and inspect. It had a blocked air filter, blocked by exhaust soot and not apparently changed for many years.
The interesting part was that as you found Bobsboy, all the proper badges and markings were still in tact but this one is owned by a local private girls school and regularly transport young ladies on excursions.
The irony is that the local mechanic who supposedly services the vehicle, is a one man band and he is less than 30 years of age - he had no idea that the engine was a 2-cycle and even less idea of the oil to put in the engine, hence the smoke, hence the failed air filter.
But there is still more than a few of these wonderful old vehicles on our roads earning their keep, and many of them venturing to destinations that much newer vehicles are not taken to in case they break down.

Austral Tourmaster with 6V92T mechanical

Time to create page: 0.498 seconds