Skip to main content

QLD rego when buying ?

More
9 years 9 months ago #143800 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Re: QLD rego when buying ?

As far as I know the permit has to be issued in the state the trip starts from.

I'm fairly certain (positive in fact) that the Permit HAS to issued in the State the Journey Originates from...

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 9 months ago #143801 by mammoth
Replied by mammoth on topic Re: QLD rego when buying ?
And stat decs are not acceptable if journey starts in NSW, must have roadworthy.

More
9 years 9 months ago #143802 by geoffb
Replied by geoffb on topic Re: QLD rego when buying ?
Mamoth
Thats correct makes it hard if you want to get something in for RWC in NSW will require towing or some such thing

More
9 years 9 months ago #143803 by oldbob70
Replied by oldbob70 on topic Re: QLD rego when buying ?
G'day Diesel Dog
Ref Your comment --except WA Last year after Haulin the Hume I picked up my sons MAN from Maroochidore I had been told that the Permit to drive it back to WA would only Take me to WA border at Border Village (Eucla)
This was after a day on the Phone trying to get the correct info from 4 different States Before I left home.

So on the Way home I rocked up to the police station at the border ---- the lady sergant asked to look a the Queensland permit I had got in Maroochidore saw that I had specified the exact address I was taking it to, in Kalgoorlie and was told---
As long as I went direct---[ie. by the most direct route]to the Kal address The Permit would cover me.
She even called up the Patrol car out on the road and informed them I was legal --- I waved when I went past them an hour later--- no Worries

I did find out that you can carry a licenced vehicle--- on an unlicenced but permitted vehicle if you personally own both of them---I carried the bill of sale for the MAN [ and had` Old blue my Hume' hauling Inter on the Back]

OLDBOB 70

More
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #143804 by mammoth
That information will be worth gold to some Bob as there has been a lot of confusion over the WA situation.

Geoff, you can drive unreg vehicle to test station to get roadworthy so long as you have an appointment and direct route blah blah - and they mean it, as a local body builder and on return from getting rwc on his new trailer he got booked for deviating one block to get a pie. Trouble is without rego or permit you have no insurance so need to arrange something before hand.
Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by mammoth.

More
9 years 9 months ago #143805 by dieseldog

And stat decs are not acceptable if journey starts in NSW, must have roadworthy.

Not true. I recently got a permit to move a truck from Sydney to Qld. All I needed was the VIN/chassis numbers and fill in the stat dec, in which I needed to tick the boxes as to what features the vehicle had (brakes, headlights, indicators etc), state the GVM and sign it to say that everything was working and in roadworthy condition.

These are the two forms...

www.rms.nsw.gov.au/publicationsstatistic...wnloads/45070938.pdf

www.rms.nsw.gov.au/publicationsstatistic...wnloads/45070190.pdf

Oldbob, the RMS girl explained it as the NSW permit was good to move to any state except WA, where I would need a WA issued permit as well. Perhaps Qld's rules are little different to NSW when moving a vehicle to WA. Another interesting thing was I didn't need to provide a direct route, only a start and finish point. It seems they give you a little discretion as to which roads you want to take.

More
9 years 9 months ago #143806 by oldbob70
Replied by oldbob70 on topic Re: QLD rego when buying ?
G`Diesel
In agree with you
I got exactly the same reply from all the different E`states authorities-- also the head office in WA

But when on the day at Eucla The details I mentioned yesterday happened
So my suggestion to anybody who is going to come to WA-- is to get a permit with the final address in WA specified-- Then Ring or Fax Eucla police---[08]9039500
Fax[08]90395044 and enquire if you are covered--- If not Just roll up at Eucla police with some change in your Pocket--- and they can issue a permit there and then.

There aren't a lot of alternate roads in and out of WA so that should be no drama as long as you don`t want to go touring on the Permit--- Remember permits are to ensure you have insurance.

I suggest you all make a note of Eucla police they are the ones on the ground and were helpful to me.

OLDBOB70

More
9 years 9 months ago #143807 by geoffb
Replied by geoffb on topic Re: QLD rego when buying ?
Oldbob
Reckon get the name of who you speak to as well
Because there still seems to be a little bit of some peoples interruptions of rules

More
9 years 9 months ago #143808 by mammoth
Thanks for the update Diesel, happy to be corrected. That form is dated June 2014 and I note that a lot of the advice on the RMS web site has been re-written, probably due to the reform around not issuing labels for cars. Never used to be the case but you can now apply for a permit by phone which brings NSW (closer :-X) into line with Vic.

Time to create page: 0.553 seconds