Skip to main content

LED's as Bling

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #143933 by Bobsboy
LED's as Bling was created by Bobsboy
Driving east, Grand Junction Rd (Adelaide) towards Churchill Rd.
Approaching the Railway flyover, just a bit after sunrise.

WTF is that?
Coming the other way, up and over the rise, side by side, two modern workhorses.

A wall of amber and white.
What a rush.
Welcome to Thursday morning. :o :o :o

I know it's nothing new in concept but,
the brightness and intensity of colour provided by LED's take it to a whole other level. :D

wut sez euw?

-b

Mucking about on the edge
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by Bobsboy.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #143934 by jimbo51
Replied by jimbo51 on topic Re: LED's as Bling
LED = Luminated excessively dickhead!

I'm at a loss to understand how some of the mobile carnivals you see now are allowed on the road. To me they are of such intensity as to be a dangerous distraction, up there with the latest technology headlights when they're out of alignment.

Would have thought that ADR's linked to registration and roadworthy requirements would have effectively put them in infringement territory.

Guess the relevant authorities have other (misguided) enforcement priorities.

More
9 years 10 months ago #143935 by 6for36
Replied by 6for36 on topic Re: LED's as Bling
Agreed! Try belting down the Summerland, middle of a no moon night and a QFM comes straight at you. It took 10 minutes to regain night vision. Thems were the days!
6 for.

More
9 years 10 months ago #143936 by BK
Replied by BK on topic Re: LED's as Bling
Still get booked if one is out/not working???

Trust me

More
9 years 10 months ago #143937 by dieseldog
Replied by dieseldog on topic Re: LED's as Bling
I think all them fellas with their trucks plastered in LED's are just trying to say "Look at me, look at me, I'm really small in the pants..."

I'm all for a few LED's, they look good but I agree that too many bright LED's are seriously distracting and dangerous.

I'm thinking that the law has yet to catch up with technology. It will take a death of someone blinded by them to get the laws looked at and something done.

Just sayin...

More
9 years 10 months ago #143938 by Tacho
Replied by Tacho on topic Re: LED's as Bling
A few years ago (quite a few probably) many trucks were lit up like a carnival, but with different colours. It got to the stage where the law said "enough is enough" and started issuing fines etc. The excessive lights disappeared. Maybe that will happen again, because some trucks are way over the top with LED bling.

More
9 years 10 months ago #143939 by micq
Replied by micq on topic Re: LED's as Bling
One thing l have noticed on the roads once you get off the coast a bit is that the more look at me lights they have the closer they drive to the center line of the road .

More
9 years 10 months ago #143940 by lantana jack
Replied by lantana jack on topic Re: LED's as Bling

I think all them fellas with their trucks plastered in LED's are just trying to say "Look at me, look at me, I'm really small in the pants..."

I'm all for a few LED's, they look good but I agree that too many bright LED's are seriously distracting and dangerous.

I'm thinking that the law has yet to catch up with technology. It will take a death of someone blinded by them to get the laws looked at and something done.

Just sayin...

"I think all them fellas with their trucks plastered in LED's are just trying to say "Look at me, look at me, I'm really small in the pants..."

:-?

So in the day, all them Mod's with the fully blinged mopeds were "really small in the pants" ;D

I suppose female blingtruck truck drivers would take "really small in the pants" as a complement ;)

Methinks them blingtrucks aint as dazzling as some make out. If yer focus on something it tends to look brighter.

What i finds blinding on the roads is all them big reflector road signs. Blinding they is.. >:(......

:)

“The improver of natural knowledge absolutely refuses to acknowledge authority, as such. For him, skepticism is the highest of duties; blind faith the one unpardonable sin.” Thomas Huxley

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #143941 by lantana jack
Replied by lantana jack on topic Re: LED's as Bling
It occurred to me that some may not of heard of the Mods.

Mods customised their scooters by painting them in "two-tone and candyflake and over accessorised with luggage racks, crash bars, and scores of mirrors and fog lights". Some mods added four, ten, or as many as 30 mirrors to their scooters. They often put their names on the small windscreen. They sometimes took their engine side panels and front bumpers to electroplating shops to get them covered in highly reflective chrome.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mod_(subculture)

"Quadrophenia", now there's a name for a truck.. ;)

“The improver of natural knowledge absolutely refuses to acknowledge authority, as such. For him, skepticism is the highest of duties; blind faith the one unpardonable sin.” Thomas Huxley
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by lantana jack.

More
9 years 10 months ago #143942 by just cruisen
Replied by just cruisen on topic Re: LED's as Bling
g,day all. I was at ceduna in the middle of mad may,and chatting to sa mainroads/ rta fellas. they were telling me that they are knocking blokes off for having more than 5 lights in a row across the front of a heavy vehicle. they also were looking at blokes that had the big single led light bars across the front as they reckon you can not have single driving light , they must be in pairs? :-?
any body else heard this?
cheers robbo

Time to create page: 0.463 seconds