Skip to main content

LED's as Bling

More
9 years 10 months ago #143943 by John Whale
Replied by John Whale on topic Re: LED's as Bling
i know some blokes get carried away but led's are a godsend on water tankers the high end one's that are well sealed are worth paying the extra$$$$ had hella's on my h2o wagon for 6 years all still going strong whale

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #143944 by RocksnRoses
Replied by RocksnRoses on topic Re: LED's as Bling

g,day all. I was at ceduna in the middle of mad may,and chatting to sa mainroads/ rta fellas. they were telling me that they are knocking blokes off for having more than 5 lights in a row across the front of a heavy vehicle. they also were looking at blokes that had the big single led light bars across the front as they reckon you can not have single driving light , they must be in pairs? :-?
any body else heard this?
cheers robbo

This is the regulation at the moment.

www.sa.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/002...7-LED-Light-Bars.pdf

RnR.

More
9 years 10 months ago #143945 by lantana jack
Replied by lantana jack on topic Re: LED's as Bling

g,day all. I was at ceduna in the middle of mad may,and chatting to sa mainroads/ rta fellas. they were telling me that they are knocking blokes off for having more than 5 lights in a row across the front of a heavy vehicle. they also were looking at blokes that had the big single led light bars across the front as they reckon you can not have single driving light , they must be in pairs? :-?
cheers robbo

This is the regulation at the moment.

www.sa.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/002...7-LED-Light-Bars.pdf

RnR.

In that SA gov advise they talk of dazzle and in one of the pictures provided is a perfect example of road sign dazzle. ::)

“The improver of natural knowledge absolutely refuses to acknowledge authority, as such. For him, skepticism is the highest of duties; blind faith the one unpardonable sin.” Thomas Huxley

More
9 years 10 months ago #143946 by just cruisen
Replied by just cruisen on topic Re: LED's as Bling
thanks for that, RnR. ive just printed that off and put in my folder.
cheers robbo

More
9 years 10 months ago #143947 by BK
Replied by BK on topic Re: LED's as Bling

cheers robbo

That single driving light law was in force in Vic in the late 60's.....a "nice" policeman gave me a piece of paper to prove it. (At 3.30 am)

Trust me

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #143948 by geoffb
Replied by geoffb on topic Re: LED's as Bling
Just a bit of a curve ball in this
We all understand that if you have a light fitted in line with ADRs that it must be working But as some Led's are made up of many small lights and say one of them (small ones within) is not working I wonder where you stand ???
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by geoffb.

More
9 years 10 months ago #143949 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: LED's as Bling
You only need one LED out in an LED light for it to be defective.

More
9 years 10 months ago #143950 by oldfulla
Replied by oldfulla on topic Re: LED's as Bling
There was a time when if you had more than 3 side lights (per side) on a trailer - you were called a mug lair. And I'm pretty sure there was a reg involved too - so some times attracted a fine.

In the days of generators driving candles - and single lane strips of tar - then having a couple of lights across the top of the cab gave you a good indication of what was comming at you. And you had a bit of time to pick where you were going to drop of the edge.

Single (centre mounted spot lights) were outlawed in the late 60's due to head on accidents - where something just running on a hot wired bull light (everything else blacked out) were misstaken for motor bikes.

The rule making it law to only fit them in pairs was introduced as the fix.

Co-incidently - the change came in at about the same time as alternators - so you could run 2 bull lights and still keep the amp metre on the + side.

If you go back over old photos from that era - you can pick the change - everything was running 1 bull light - then there comes a point where everything has 2.

Oldfulla

More
9 years 10 months ago #143951 by stevejr
Replied by stevejr on topic Re: LED's as Bling
Yep In Qld to
One single led bar is NO NO so they tell Me
Ok What if I was to put a bit of tape in middle of said light bar.
now I have two lights officer
it is working for the time being anyway
A bit like road train sign without the black border
B #$@%$^ S I say

Mack R600 1975&&Dodge D5N 400&&Fe 35 1958&&Tea 20 1951 &&Tea 20 1952

More
9 years 10 months ago #143952 by lantana jack
Replied by lantana jack on topic Re: LED's as Bling

Yep In Qld to
One single led bar is NO NO so they tell Me
Ok What if I was to put a bit of tape in middle of said light bar.
now I have two lights officer
it is working for the time being anyway
A bit like road train sign without the black border
B #$@%$^ S I say

If the rest of the truck is blinged to the nines i'da thought a single central light or led wouldn't be a concern to any thinking person ;)

“The improver of natural knowledge absolutely refuses to acknowledge authority, as such. For him, skepticism is the highest of duties; blind faith the one unpardonable sin.” Thomas Huxley

Time to create page: 0.431 seconds