Skip to main content

Kenworth K123 CR

More
9 years 7 months ago #146216 by Lachlan
Replied by Lachlan on topic Re: Kenworth K123 CR
Thanks for that BillyP and Swishy, if it was an aerodyne in the video I could nearly convince myself that it might have been a Kitco truck. Maybe that orange is what KW called gold.

Would someone like Kenworth Footscray's records have gone somewhere else. I mean might KW Footscray be the KW place in Laverton now. If it was they might have some records.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #146217 by andy950
Replied by andy950 on topic Re: Kenworth K123 CR
Borrowed these from another furum, this wouldn't be her would it? Black chassis, green and gold cab, cream interior ;)
i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/alanmax/scan0001-4.jpg
i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/alanmax/scan0003-1.jpg
i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/alanmax/scan0002-4.jpg

More
9 years 7 months ago #146218 by andy950
Any kenworth built here can have the build records brought up at any Kw dealer with the chassis number. I have the same dilemma as yourself, my cabover was a stock order,white cab red chassis, more or less stopped me trying to find out any history on it. That was until I pulled the tacho out and found lewingtons written on it, makes sense, stock order for twin city trucks Wodonga painted their scheme, although its blue now not their red colour and the tacho repair, points towards being one of their's ;), the more you get into it the more it will reveal I've found. here's mine with the tell tale paint scheme
[IMG

More
9 years 7 months ago #146219 by Lachlan
Andy950 - that looks very like her. The details in the brochure match the truck exactly except for the reference to air conditioning which mine doesn't have, not now at least.
Even taking into account that the interior will have been fiddled with over the years it looks just the same as mine! The description of the gauges matches, even the reference to the fitting of a fridge matches. There's a switch marked 'fridge' and I've often wondered whether that was some add-on but from the brochure you've put up it's actually original. No fridge though.

I haven't found any evidence like on the back of instruments but I've only taken the speedo/odometer out and had it fixed so maybe I need to look harder.

I like the colour scheme of yours. I had a repair done to the cab last week. It needed some rivets replaced where the fairing at the rear of the cab is attached and the guy who did the work reckons that it'd be about $10K to repaint the cab. It looks OK from a distance so it's staying how it is. He didn't use huck bolts, just rivets that are apparently used on later KWs. It sure fixed a few rattles.

Thanks for your info: I'm going to convince myself she's the one in the brochure!

More
9 years 7 months ago #146220 by geoffb
Replied by geoffb on topic Re: Kenworth K123 CR
Locky Fella
Would be great to have a photo in that brochure from behind

More
9 years 7 months ago #146221 by Lachlan
Yes Geoff Brown it would be interesting to have a pic from the back. But for the moment at least I like to think she has a bit of celebrity being the subject of a brochure. When I see the truck next weekend I'll take a copy of the pics that andy950 provided and make see how they compare, specially inside the cab.

It looks like the truck in the brochure has one exhaust stack whereas she now has two. I need to see if the brackets on both sides are the same and original. I read somewhere about which engines had two stacks and which had one.

More
9 years 7 months ago #146222 by andy950
Had another look to see if anything from the back but no,oh well, mine left the factory with one 1 stack on it also, didn't know that till I had a look at the build sheet at the local kenworth dealer, whoever put the second chimney on it used genuine parts and it looks like its always been there, also I don't know if the tank skirts where original or not? didn't think they came out on the E cabs. they're gone now, didn't like them

More
9 years 7 months ago #146223 by Lachlan
Andy950 - I think I agree with you about the tank skirts and I don't think they were original. But your truck looks so good in the pic that she would look good either way. The fairings behind the cab on mine were later additions but I don't mind the look of them (specially now that they're properly attached again).

I'll report back once I've had the chance to compare the interior with the brochure and include some pics so I can get some opinions from all you experts.

9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #146224 by
Replied by on topic Re: Kenworth K123 CR
Hi Lachlan .. there is a clue telling if yours is the one in the promo pics...

...the LH cab vent sits directly under the Aerodyne roof vent in the promo pic...and we don't have a LH view of your truck....other than that we have a pic of the RH side of your truck but not a good one of the RH side in the promo pic :P :P :P

...see the difference?

More
9 years 7 months ago #146225 by Lachlan
Well, well, well - Detective you are right of course... on mine the LH vents on the cab proper and the aerodyne do line up but they don't on the right. I will try to post a pic of this tomorrow.
Cheers

Time to create page: 0.522 seconds