Skip to main content

Buying a new body truck, but which one?

More
8 years 11 months ago #155617 by wedgetail84
That's crazy, I'm lost. Was it still being run in or something? Even a cummins is governed way way higher than 1300. Something's not right with those rev ranges...

The engine in the fuso should rev out to something approaching 3000 (or 2800) I'd imagine, our hino is governed to 2800 and the full rev range is certainly used climbing a climb with the 9spd

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #155618 by Mairjimmy

Last year I drove a newish 500hp freightliner prime mover with an 18 speed RR without a trailer... I was instructed to not run it above 1300rpm, and not allow revs to drop below 900.. it was an utter pain in the arse.

900 revs it would have the shudders, you wouldn't want to go much under 1200 and up to 1600 would give you 100kms, would be governed around 2000 revs, Cummins or Cat. 1300 rev you only be doing 80kms depending on diff ratio
Colin

Time to get up andd get going.......todays bad decisions aren't going to make themselves!!!

More
8 years 11 months ago #155619 by .RC.
It was a driving instructor who told me that, I was getting an assessment for a MC and since I had not driven a RR gearbox for awhile I took the truck bobtail to get back in the groove... I was advised to use the gears not the engine revs...

The older trucks with RR gearboxes I drove, I would use the entire rev range..

I would say we will get the nine speed, the six speed uses some odd sized tyres, then I looked up UD trucks and they use different sized tyres on the front compared to the rear...

Looks like the epitome of truck development for rural people ended in around 2005.. All gone downhill after that...

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
8 years 11 months ago #155620 by Swishy
Arse C

Wot have eye bin tell n U all along

??!!??
Looks like U aint pay n attention

Drive it az tho U stole it

@ least while its under warranty
n then wen warranty xpires u can cruise around

truck salesmen dun want the truck to fail while under warranty coz it can B costly 4 D dealer n maker
so they like U 2 baby it till warranty xpires

LOL

cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
8 years 11 months ago #155621 by .RC.
Being an honest person swishy I do not know how to drive a stolen truk.. :D:D

• Swishy
More
8 years 11 months ago #155622 by Swishy
Arse C
M80

Din kno U Rocky Cattle Rustlers

can Use the term 'Honest Person'

LOL

cya

More
8 years 10 months ago #155623 by .RC.
We did end up going with the nine speed Fuso.. All finalised and ordered... Getting a corten steel floor put in the tray, that was slightly difficult to get...

I assume I will notice a slight increase in power, our current 8 tonne truck is 120hp... The Fuso is ~270hp

• Swishy
More
8 years 10 months ago #155624 by Swishy
Looks like a decision has been made n stampd, signd n seald

Can U put up the brochure of the beast

Thanx In advance
cya

More
More
8 years 10 months ago #155626 by rex
Swishy what are you doing ?
Fuso is part of Daimler Trucks, yes Daimler, European, might be made in Japan, remember when Fuso had that V8 prime mover in the early eighties, not good. Now Fuso are making good sales in the small to mid range market, thanks to Daimler European influence.
You are really starting to show your hand, the pressure is building, and best still I am here to help.
I do hope I have not crossed the line with my post, the order has been placed, the Truck is coming, above all else all of the post's have been helpful, even the one that tells you to drive it like you stole it, modern engines are designed to go straight to work, make it work or you will destroy it.
Rex

Making a small effort to save the history of road transport in Australia by being in front of Simms

Time to create page: 0.480 seconds