Skip to main content

Log books

More
8 years 6 months ago #162349 by atkipete
Replied by atkipete on topic Re: Log books
In that case you would have to gain ( or lose ) half or one and a half hours at midnight. But then you might be driving at midnight.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #162350 by ianoz
Replied by ianoz on topic Re: Log books
Pete , I think once you cross over into WA or NT , they are not part of the national log book thing . I think you put it away until you get back to the border .
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by ianoz.

More
8 years 6 months ago #162351 by atkipete
Replied by atkipete on topic Re: Log books
Interesting, but then you would need to put something down for those days.

More
8 years 6 months ago #162352 by geoffb
Replied by geoffb on topic Re: Log books
Crossing time zone I would continue the start of trip time zone and finish on that Worked for me

More
8 years 6 months ago #162353 by busntruck
Replied by busntruck on topic Re: Log books

With the new ones, is time spent driving ( in a car ) to collect a truck counted as 'work' or 'rest'. I seem to remember years ago there was a part called 'other work' for such stuff.

A car is a non regulated vehicle and that time is not required to be put into a work diary, example to/from work.
If one was working in the depot, e.g. before/after driving a regulated heavy vehicle (over 12 t gvm & over 100km from base) loading/unloading/fueling/washing and went and got spare parts or part of a load in a vehicle under 12 t gvm this would be work time.

Stay on the one time zone during your entire trip.

Crossing a state boarder one should keep using a diary.

"Bite off more than you can chew and chew like hell."

More
8 years 6 months ago #162354 by .RC.
Replied by .RC. on topic Re: Log books

Pete , I think once you cross over into WA or NT , they are not part of the national log book thing . I think you put it away until you get back to the border .

Must be absolute carnage on those roads then.. Truck accidents every couple of km..

More
8 years 6 months ago #162355 by ianoz
Replied by ianoz on topic Re: Log books
Friend Moved from Melbourne to Darwin , whent he got his truck to the NT border , he shut the book , and has not used it since .

Time to create page: 0.497 seconds