Skip to main content

airglide vs the rest

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #164583 by wedgetail84
is airglide 400 significantly better in terms of articulation/response e.g. off road than the competitors like WS's airliner and whatever mack was running around 2008-2010? B&H said in an offroad situation it articulated as fast and was as flexible as 6 rod, just not as heavy duty. Someone else said they respond as quick but don't quite have the travel of 6 rod. No one else makes that claim - air any air bag systems (4 or 8 bag) as good?
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by wedgetail84.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #164584 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic airglide vs the rest
My 2 cents worth.

If you have to have Airbag, in an Off road application go either; Neway, or Hendrickson Primaxx.
otherwise go for a Six Rod..

Again, just My opinion..

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #164586 by wedgetail84
Replied by wedgetail84 on topic airglide vs the rest
yeah they both look good. Of course six rod would be ideal, but we're looking at second hand trucks. Choice is great with AG or other OEM air bags, all else is very rare I'm finding. Looked at quite a few truck ads and haven't seen any with 6 rod, neway or primaxx - looking for day cab, bonneted, roughly 2004 - present with as low km as poss $150 or under in an eastern state. Narrows it down quite a bit especially the day cab bit. Not seen any 6 rods, neways or primaxx. Would prefer a pre EGR Cat in theory but newer with less kms would trump I guess.

As they're mostly the OEM air bags that's why I ask. It won't be an off road truck, just that it will regularly face very bad dirt roads a lot, with the occasional trip on some steep bush tracks with aggressive woo-boys. Will end up with a (probably 45') flat deck with single hight stock crate, drop deck and tipping trailer. Does it sound like 6 rod is an essential? Supposedly logging trucks do well with AG400 (or so B&H said a year ago :dry: ). Found a nice T408SAR that ticks all the boxes apart from of course suspension...
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by wedgetail84.

Time to create page: 0.439 seconds