Skip to main content

Jap trucks

More
14 years 4 months ago #16640 by CommerKnocker
Replied by CommerKnocker on topic Re: Jap trucks
That is the truck, as I said I only had a small problem with valves otherwise it was good. Did not know many people with them largely because in the late 60's a Jap truck was a sin even the cars were not all that well respected then.

Cart'n dirt makin roads

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #16641 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: Jap trucks
That one hails from Deniliquin. The picture was taken at the truck display at the 2008 Cobram Show

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #16642 by CommerKnocker
looked almost perfect to me a memory truck (& more than 30 years old) and an old tractor on the back - good package.

I have to work out how to retrieve the David Brown I am interested in which is in Victoria and get it back to Maitland.

I found some pics of my truck at the scene of it's demise, made the toes curl!! 8-)it's good to walk away. I will get them scanned and put em up when I get back from Adelaide later this week. .
cheers
Dave

Cart'n dirt makin roads
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by CommerKnocker.

More
14 years 4 months ago #16643 by kennymopar2
Replied by kennymopar2 on topic Re: Jap trucks
where abouts in vic is the D Brown ? .. i mite be able to do you a good backload price next time i take my truck down south (thats if i dont find another project to bring back for myself) :-X

More
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #16644 by CommerKnocker
It's at Buffalo Ck about 7km SE of Myrtleford Vic. I have to have a look at it first when the owner gets back from the US at the end of the month/early Dec. I'll give you a yell when I make the D. It weighs about 1500kg (29cwt in old money) so probably too heay to car trailer.

Thanks
Dave :)

Cart'n dirt makin roads
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by CommerKnocker.

More
14 years 4 months ago #16645 by kennymopar2
Myrtleford is a nice town ..let me know when/if you do the deal .. i get a few trips down to melb

14 years 3 months ago #16646 by
Replied by on topic Re: Jap trucks
I was absolutely stunned on Friday, when I was barrelling down the Tonkin Hwy near the airport, to see a Toyota DA 6000 traytop .. in terrific, recently-restored-and-painted condition .. turn left out of the Leach Hwy intersection, and head North up the Tonkin. This bloke looks like he's hauling with it, on a regular basis.

More
14 years 3 months ago - 14 years 3 months ago #16647 by kennymopar2
i actually seen one as a prime mover (towing a trailer as well) a few days ago ..ive never seen one as a prime mover B4 ..it also seem to sit higher than a rigid truck
Last edit: 14 years 3 months ago by kennymopar2.

More
14 years 3 months ago #16648 by cribotow
Replied by cribotow on topic Re: Jap trucks
Saw one of them toyota,s as a water truck for sale on Dandy Hasings rd few weeks ago but like all the one,s i,ve seen the rust had a good hold of it,never crossed my mind to take a pic of it ;D

&&Grasp

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #16649 by henryox
Replied by henryox on topic Re: Jap trucks
Hello, another item worth mentioning, cars, trucks, earthmoving gear, small tractors ect, in Japan they are only allowed a certain life span, a couple of years, i have bought mini excavators with only a couple of hundred hours on them, out of time, i have pulled imported gearboxes apart, worn out in 3rd gear, and yes, even with the diggers parts were a real pain, different,

Time to create page: 0.431 seconds