Skip to main content

Jap trucks

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #16650 by oyamum
Replied by oyamum on topic Re: Jap trucks
we have a mitsubishi tilt tray single axle little banger she is a good little truck even at 20 years old we also have a volvo bogey drive 2006 model which we have had more problems with in the last 6 months than we ever had with mitsi thats not to say that volvos are worse than mitsi's it means that with some trucks ya lucky and with some ya not.. im light vehicle mechanic by trade and worked on mostly jap import cars and think they are much better value than alot of aussie/us/euro vehicles im not a fan of jap cars or trucks however they are better value..... thats just my 2c worth.... also you will find that most parts are the same as it makes no sense for a manufacturer to put lets say a certain type of gearbox in a local jap truck and then a different box for aussie versions it would cost them way too much (i may be wrong though) just mite be that the years are different so a 2000 model hino aus version would be the same as say a 98 jap version as new models are released there first...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #16651 by kennymopar2
Replied by kennymopar2 on topic Re: Jap trucks
yep the jap trucks arnt bad ..my 1985 UD just passed a nsw RTA pit inspection ..the king pins/pins and bushes are the same as when the truck was new . . apart from a twice yeary brake adjustment,and a degrease she passes rego everytime

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.379 seconds