Updated 28th July.

If you are unable to login, you probably need to read this change to your username & profile.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Reading 2004 Hino fault codes 16 Aug 2016 20:25 #173646

• jon_d
  • Thank you received: 71
Wedgeee,

On page 78-24 it tells you how to access tyhe diag codes.

Remove the diag plug and the ligth starts flashing.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Reading 2004 Hino fault codes 16 Aug 2016 20:46 #173648

• wedgetail84
  • wedgetail84's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 29
you guys rock... Agquip tomorrow so back on it thurs

Reading 2004 Hino fault codes 18 Aug 2016 11:00 #173673

• wedgetail84
ok well that would have just been too easy... But - it seems that manual is for a JO8C-TP, we have a JO8C-UK and it doesn't have those plugs anywhere that I can find. The only plugs that don't go into something obvious and could be diagnostic I've attached. There are no little diag. labeled ones for me to unplug though... I'm getting Hino to email me wiring diagrams for the diagnostic port(s) to ECU to see if they have the same somewhere else but the bloke I talked to was pretty sure you need the overpriced flashing LED.

Reading 2004 Hino fault codes 18 Aug 2016 11:28 #173674

• wedgetail84
ok armed with the page Hino sent me I'm now 99% sure thatwhite connector is the diagnostic one with
- black/yewllo going to +ve
- black to earth
- red/black - labeled "starting (engine)" and going to "combination meter" (dash - CEL in this case I guess) and also to "electronic governor ECU"
- violet/yellow to "TCIS ECU (Models with mechanical governer) or "electronic governor ECU (models with electronic governor)"

Now I working on the basis it is electronically governed. What would happen if I say hooked up an LED from ground to the violet/yellow wire? Would it blink like the factor tool should? And if it did, what are the chances of the codes from the JO8C-TP manual being the same as for this JO8C-UK engine? And would connecting red/black and violet/yellow make the CEL flash?

EDIT - I think I may have come to a brick wall again... I tried all of the above. With ignition on, engine off violet/yellow to ground through an LED makes it light up (but dimmer than straight +ve to gnd), red/black to ground nothing, red/black to +ve light up. Engine running violet/yellow to gnd lights, red/black to gnd lights up and so does the CEL but very dim. No flashing of LED or CEL though, not really game to connect +ve to any of the others... Anyone have an idea of how these little flash tools work? Either my method doesn't work, or there are no stored codes.

Maybe thinking a bit further to test this last one though - is there a sensor I could unplug to give me a known fault and make the CEL come on? Then I could "calibrate" my tesing method...

EDIT - did that, unplugged the accelerator pedal. Made the CEL flash constantly. Putting the LED between gnd and red/black flashed it constantly as well, otherwise other readings were unchanged. Not getting anyway still :(

Last edit: by wedgetail84.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.283 seconds

Historic Commercial Vehicles Club of Australia Inc.  Post: P.O. Box 2020 Bayswater Vic. 3153    Clubrooms: Unit 8 / 4  Macquarie Place Boronia    Club Phone: 0400 025 525    Club Rooms:  03) 9738 1558