Updated 28th July.

If you are unable to login, you probably need to read this change to your username & profile.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

stock crate paintwork 22 Nov 2016 08:14 #176510

• wedgetail84
  • wedgetail84's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 29
Looking for some inspiration on what paint to put on a new cattle crate. Google imaging stuff pulls up some pretty ordinary stuff - thinking base of what with blue stripes, nothing over the top but not too bland either. Are there any makers websites with good colour schemes? Not using alloy it's all painted...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

stock crate paintwork 22 Nov 2016 14:02 #176511

• hayseed
  • Thank you received: 416
Calf S@#% Yellow so the stains Don't show.........
"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

stock crate paintwork 22 Nov 2016 16:38 #176515

• Zuffen
  • Thank you received: 253
Whilst not cheap I'd use Por15.

Once set it is pretty bomb (and most likely pee) proof.

stock crate paintwork 27 Nov 2016 20:19 #176644

• mammoth
  • Thank you received: 141
Aggenamel is a Wattyl industrial epoxy paint. Reckoned to be heaps better than Killrust & etc and just one step down from 2pak in terms of durability. Interestingly there is a significant price difference across the colour range which reflects that price relates to pigments used rather than a retail paint which has them averaged out and plus a bit.
Used to be colour schemes on crates when they were wood but nowadays it is all solid colour - red or green from the bigger outfits and white with the occasional blue from local makers. Since lead was banned you can't get a decent Yellow paint not sure how Cat gets round it.

stock crate paintwork 28 Nov 2016 22:40 #176672

• overnite
  • Thank you received: 199
Showing my ignorance I know, but how does banning lead, which is grey in its solid form, stop you making yellow paint? Or is it something like how does a black cow, whose meat is red, eating green grass, and sh*ting brown, make white milk? Just asking. :unsure: :unsure:

Last edit: by overnite.

stock crate paintwork 28 Nov 2016 23:52 #176674

• asw120
  • Thank you received: 219
IIRC, lead IV oxide is yellow, decomposes to lead II oxide, which is red. A spraypainter showed me the red haze of chalky paint on a yellow car at his panelworks when I was doing up my first car.

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

stock crate paintwork 25 Dec 2016 10:26 #177528

• .RC.
  • Thank you received: 1
A lightish shade of red perhaps?

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.267 seconds

Historic Commercial Vehicles Club of Australia Inc.  Post: P.O. Box 2020 Bayswater Vic. 3153    Clubrooms: Unit 8 / 4  Macquarie Place Boronia    Club Phone: 0400 025 525    Club Rooms:  03) 9738 1558