Skip to main content

Want to buy a truck - advice please

14 years 3 months ago #17930 by
I would have agreed with pete as I dont think that old girl would stop with all that weight on her . I would like know what you intend do with her??.
Yes you come a real truckie after about 30 yrs on the road ;). Dave

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
14 years 3 months ago #17931 by Swishy

Gippsa
GuddayM8

RE: I am about to get my medium rigid truck licence (Vic).

Cut to the chase n go for the heavy ridgid with crash box (Road Ranger me thinks they call the class)
or the biggest U can go after car lie sense

www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/Home/Licensing/TypesOfLicences/

Cya

[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
14 years 3 months ago #17932 by atkipete
You can go from Car to Heavy Rigid, ie like an 8 ton truck just a lazy axle stuck on.

More
14 years 3 months ago #17933 by bparo
and whjen I did mine the difference in cost of the training was only 20% and gave you an extra day of tuition. Money well spent I thought

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
14 years 3 months ago #17934 by wgipps
Hi guys.
Im gonna stick with MR at the moment - i just want to get up and running and i know a guy who is gonna fast track my MR license for me. :)
It has 3 internal baffles. I am a bit concerned about the weight, so i will be doing the weighbridge prior to RWC. I want to be somewhere in the vicinity of legal when i start out!! :) Dave - water carting on a part time basis - i have some construction work lined up, some tree watering and perhaps some small domestic deliveries. It is only part time and I am self funding it all as opposed to a full on business.
Midnight Spares Sarg. The things i need would be very easy to find at night - but i (in a previous life) used to excel in hunting down the 'employees' of various midnight spares companies - made the night go a bit quicker!! ;) I just got too old for chasing the little bastards..
By the way, I am looking for an auto elec and/or panel beater in the sth east suburbs (around Pakenham) for some small cash jobs that i need to get done on the truck. Paying $ on an hourly rate for what will probably be some very easy work for the 2 tradesmen - anyone interested on know anyone wanting some holiday $.

"If I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a little?&qu

Time to create page: 0.458 seconds