Skip to main content

why we no like jap!

More
14 years 4 months ago #18376 by Andy Wright
Replied by Andy Wright on topic Re: why we no like jap!

Seem to remember we had a war there too!!

Yes we did but the Shermans weren't fighting the Japanese there which was the whole point of your first post.

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #18377 by cribotow
Replied by cribotow on topic Re: why we no like jap!
yes but this forum tends to lead eventually so far of the track we cant find our way home ;D

&&Grasp

More
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #18378 by Atki-vated
Replied by Atki-vated on topic Re: why we no like jap!
Well cribpointowmater, you might have point there...in the land of the long white cwoud ::) er that's cloud in English when GM wanted to replace the Bedford they turned to Isuzu and launched them with Bedford badges, then called them Bedford by Isuzu, then got really brave and finally just called them Isuzu.

This was done so as not to offend ex servicemen BUT then many Mercs & Fiats were sold to ex Digs in the 50's, 60's & 70's who remembered them as much better trucks than the allied vehicles they had in the Western Desert or Italy during WW2.

In fact my grandfather risked the possibility of a booby trap to start an abandoned Italian Fiat to drive it from Tunisia back to Egypt rather than drive a Chev or Beddy...

As for the Jap trucks - in NZ plenty of blokes used them to get a start in the transport business, not the fastest, lightest or flashest, but extremely reliable and cheap to run and buy... :D
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by Atki-vated.

More
14 years 4 months ago #18379 by aussie l plate
i think the jap trucks are hear too stay, they have seemed too have dominated our ridgid market for the last 30 or so years....

More
14 years 4 months ago #18380 by cribotow
Replied by cribotow on topic Re: why we no like jap!
ok so heres a pic of my little japanese truck going for a piggyback ride cause the motor is dead,only did 980,000 before it let go,blew up in the prime of its life ;D http://i815.photobucket.com/albums/zz71/cribpointtowing/frontyardblitz004.jpg?t=1260523536

&&Grasp

More
14 years 4 months ago #18381 by atkipete
Replied by atkipete on topic Re: why we no like jap!
Nearly made the million ks, not a bad innings for a city truck. I reckon that motor would have been on the way out and drinking oil the last 200,000 of them.

More
14 years 4 months ago #18382 by aussie l plate
i know a few fleet operators, that would be happy to get 980,000ks out of there trucks, before the engine needed major surgery

14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #18383 by
Replied by on topic Re: why we no like jap!
Gday CPT

I thought this pic might appeal to you ;D

'towing', 'Japanese', see where I'm coming from ??
and its Air-Cooled too.

Cheers
RS :)

More
14 years 4 months ago #18384 by atkipete
Replied by atkipete on topic Re: why we no like jap!
Why is the rope lying slack on the ground and the driver of the Honda looking really worried?

14 years 4 months ago #18385 by
Replied by on topic Re: why we no like jap!

Why is the rope lying slack on the ground and the driver of the Honda looking really worried?

Because he has just bump started the AEC and is concerned about getting flattened ?

Cheers
RS :)

Time to create page: 0.498 seconds