Skip to main content

why we no like jap!

More
14 years 4 months ago #18386 by truckmad
Replied by truckmad on topic Re: why we no like jap!
anyway getting back to the whole jap trucks are rubbish
1 im pretty sure there are just as many isuzu 6 wheels carting sand with a dog as there are bigger american trucks here in western australia these days. 2 my brother just bought a U.D pk245 2005 model and its a bloody exilent truck! flies down the south west highway to biowise! for you western australians here! its amazing! and granma can drive it 2 with the 6 speed box! :P

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #18387 by CommerKnocker
So drop us a pic, this flyin caper sounds good!!!!

Cart'n dirt makin roads

More
14 years 3 months ago - 14 years 3 months ago #18388 by AKTrucker
Replied by AKTrucker on topic Re: why we no like jap!
I used to be a bit, well, obsessed with the idea of not getting any Jap cars or bikes because of our country's past with them.

BUT, then if I were to not get a Jap vehicle, I may as well walk everywhere, because the Germans invented (or at least have the patent for them) automobiles! Or you could say that the first steam powered 'auto-mobile' (which didn't quite work out though) was made for a Chinese emperor for a toy. And they invented everyone's favorite invention, loved by us and America during every war, Gunpowder!

So if I am to say I won't drive a jap car or truck because of wars, I might as well say I won't drive anything ever, or use a firearm. Ha! Yeah right.....

Now I want to get an Isuzu light truck in the next few years, go figure. ;D
Last edit: 14 years 3 months ago by AKTrucker.

More
14 years 1 month ago #18389 by theroadbossman
From someone who is over 50, likes/drives american iron, does eat unleaded food or drink, and well on the way to being a grumpy old man :
- Jap trucks ooze funny looking smoke, not because they work hard, but because the rings have been revved out of them.
- Jap trucks just don't sound like real trucks
- Sure, they make OK horsepower, but when was the last time you saw one in front of a road train?
- Some Jap trucks advertise "Not so squeezy" - hmmm, I'm 6'5" in old money and believe me - SQUEEZY!
- Chassis cracks, of course not - how can rubber crack!
- The term cab-over takes on new meaning in a Jappo truck: the term for a Jappo should be cab way out front somewhere in another postcode!

Cheap, nasty, just not nice. But I spose that they must have a place somewhere, just not in my shed thanks..
Bretto ;)

Austral Tourmaster with 6V92T mechanical

More
14 years 1 month ago #18390 by theroadbossman
By the way, can anyone tell me why the Jap's don't make a bonnetted truck????
Brisbane Isuzu simply says ..."cause they just don't" - hmmm, great answer.
Bretto ;)

Austral Tourmaster with 6V92T mechanical

More
14 years 1 month ago #18391 by mammoth
Replied by mammoth on topic Re: why we no like jap!
Toyota made a bonnet truck

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #18392 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: why we no like jap!
The old DA 112, they are probobly something that no one will restore, but where a big part of history, especially in the north, a lot of them (and UD's) in NQ, and a lot of those Toyota's in NT. UD and Isuzu both made bonnetted trucks that came here as well.
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by bigcam.

More
14 years 1 month ago #18393 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: why we no like jap!
there is one Toyota restored in the Denliquin area. I have posted photos of it somewhere here before but here it is again just in case (and coz Swishy likes photos)

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
14 years 1 month ago #18394 by henryox
Replied by henryox on topic Re: why we no like jap!
I agree with the boss man, you can have em, biggest mistake i ever made was buying an Isuzi to replace my C60 Chev in 81, first trip away i knew it had to go, took 4 years, it wrecked my hips, gearbox fell, out wasnt much cheaper to run than the 292 petrol chev, lucky i kept that, it used more fuel from Bris to Stanthrope MT, 3rd gear up the Gap, than my Bedpost with a 453 loaded with mt bins up and 7 tons back, japo only had 2 ton back, and smoke, if i looked out the back window all i could see was a trail of smoke, never had once since and never will again, as for the long nose toyota, well, didnt have the power to break anything, and run real well in reverse cause when they stalled in bottom cog they would take off backwards, and it took 2 brake boosters to stop the buggars, as for Hino, the bedpost went in 2nd low where the Hino wouldnt go at all, except backwards when it stalled, after the fruit died i put a tipper on the bedpost, drove em both, 2 trucks one driver on the job, yep, only good thing about em is they seldom leak oil

More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #18395 by Stevo
Replied by Stevo on topic Re: why we no like jap!
Jap trucks are crap >:(, not reliable trucks..
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by Stevo.

Time to create page: 0.484 seconds