Skip to main content

Italian Rocket

More
6 years 8 months ago #184885 by Lang
Italian Rocket was created by Lang
I am in Italy at the moment and was cruising on the freeway at the speed limit of 130kph.

I could not believe my eyes when one of these, loaded with tradies ladders etc went past me. I looked on the Piaggio web site and yes, their speed is listed at 130 and this bloke was doing better than that!

1,300cc

Lang
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: tim

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago #184893 by atkipete
Replied by atkipete on topic Italian Rocket
Hopefully he doesn't hit anything at 130ks

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
6 years 8 months ago #184897 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Italian Rocket
Did hear sum time ago Italy has the dearest fuel in the world
Th@'z why they went for little jiggers
Lang ?
How much iz fuel in Italy today?

Thanx in advance

cya

ยง

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #184919 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Italian Rocket
Swishy EU1.30 to EU1.40 per litre ( about$2 Australian)

Arrived in UK today what a cluster f....

The M11/A14 going north was completely blocked by roadworks and an accident. I reckon 100,000 vehicles were stopped in every direction for a hundred miles (back roads quickly also filled). The M20 was blocked and the A4 was blocked and of course it spilled back onto the London ring road, the M25 which is blocked 60% of the time anyway, leaving the entire southern UK in total gridlock. It did not take me long to remember why I hate coming to UK.

Their fuel is a little dearer than Italy and France.

Lang
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Lang.

More
6 years 8 months ago #184922 by atkipete
Replied by atkipete on topic Italian Rocket
English motorways are good when they are flowing. You will soon get sick of roundabouts as well.

More
6 years 8 months ago #184926 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Italian Rocket
The English motorways are under capacity for the traffic much of the time and they have a habit of just ending onto lesser carriageways with. as you said, roundabout heaven.

Having just driven from Italy across France on their greatly superior motorways I think the major problem UK has is just too many people stuffed into too small an area preventing any decent wide freeway construction. They also spend far less on flyovers, high river and valley crossings and decent clover leaf exchanges compared with the Europeans.

And as for trucks, millions of them all speed limited usually to 90kph, in long nose to tail convoys because they can not pass or if they do it takes up to 5km to get by the next bloke at 1kph faster than him.

Lang

More
6 years 8 months ago #185111 by Tatra
Replied by Tatra on topic Italian Rocket
That speed limiter rule is yet another stupidity coming from the assholes at the EU headquarters in Brussels. What they have managed to achieve is to push all other traffic users into the middle and, even worse, the fast lane because (a) 100 Km/H is really too slow to drive at and (b) everyone is anticipating a truck to start that slowmo overtaking maneuver and don't want to get stuck behind it.

Time to create page: 0.440 seconds