Skip to main content

New Zealand

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #185775 by Linz1607
New Zealand was created by Linz1607
Lots of these twin steer trucks used for prime movers or tippers with super dogs.

Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Sarge.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago #185782 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic New Zealand
NZ always has been very innovative in the transport scene I reckon, am planning on heading over in the next month or so , it is a place I have always wanted to have a look at

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
6 years 8 months ago #185785 by ray
Replied by ray on topic New Zealand
Mrsmac, make sure you get to Richardsons in Invercargill and if you get time have a look at the collection at the museum at Wanaka airport. Both very worthwhile looking at.

More
6 years 8 months ago #185787 by Mairjimmy
Replied by Mairjimmy on topic New Zealand

Paul they are here,Geelong anyway

Time to get up andd get going.......todays bad decisions aren't going to make themselves!!!
Attachments:

More
6 years 8 months ago #185788 by craig308
Replied by craig308 on topic New Zealand
This is a good youtube channel for NZ trucks www.youtube.com/channel/UCOsF1G6-DUvSbKYvW_Py0Tw/videos B)

cheers craig

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
6 years 8 months ago #185791 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic New Zealand
Yes NuuZeelanderz Luv there 8 wheelers n lo profile tyres all round the lorry (+ sheep)

LOL

cya

ยง

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
6 years 8 months ago #185793 by atkipete
Replied by atkipete on topic New Zealand
They have very restrictive weight limits and need lots of axles to avoid sky high road user charges.

More
6 years 8 months ago #185800 by jeffo
Replied by jeffo on topic New Zealand
Must be a heavy fuel tank on that Kelly Logistics 8-wheeler.

More
6 years 8 months ago #185817 by atkipete
Replied by atkipete on topic New Zealand
Yeah, I don't get that. Maybe it is designed for a different trailer.

More
6 years 8 months ago #185826 by Morris
Replied by Morris on topic New Zealand
Mrsmackpaul,
The museum at Wanaka Airport that Ray mentioned is very good but is aircraft oriented. The truck and machinery museum is on the same road in Wanaka but is BEFORE the airport. When I was there a few years ago, they had a restored 1958 Ford Fire Engine on a mound at the front gate. They were having "play days" when the owner and his mates were using heavy earthmoving equipment to excavate a huge hole to sink a new hanger-sized shed to extend the museum. The watertable is about 160 feet (don't quote me on the exact depth) below the surface, so groundwater is no problem. They are in the flightpath of the airport so had to excavate to get a big shed under the height limit. I believe the shed is now built and operating. They have a huge collection of cars, trucks, tractors and various machinery, plus three aircraft. For the Mrs to look at while you are busy, they also have the largest collection of dolls in the Southern hemisphere, as well as the largest collection of stuffed toys. Also household equipment and a lot more. Allow a bit of time to see it all.

I can't wait to go back and see it again. When I was there, the Richardson collection was only operating part time just after the death of Bill Richardson, and was closed for the week I was there because the operator was in Perth for a wedding. It is now open full time. Last time, I had free motel accommodation but now my friends have sold the motel, boo hoo.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

Time to create page: 0.596 seconds