Skip to main content

More cyclists getting injured

More
6 years 7 months ago #186867 by atkipete
That's what I mean about consideration of other road users. If a truck driver has spent five minutes finding a spot to pass you safely don't ask them to repeat the process.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #186873 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic More cyclists getting injured
in my experience being inconsiderate is becoming a national pastime - every time I visit Melbourne it seems to be worse. (eg racing up beside a lane of turning traffic to barge into the queue, overtaking someone to emergency brake to turn in front of them ....) and this is in a fast ute with a bulbar not a slow vehicle so I wouldn't expect cyclists to be any better than the general population.

Also you need to check on the statistics. My brother was riding on a bike path no-where near a road and came unstuck at high speed on a corner on a long downhill when it turned wet half way around a sharp bend in Brisbane. When he was admitted to hospital the admission staff chose road accident as there was no cycling accident checkbox on the form. He had a sore head but his helmet had almost split in 2 as a result of the accident so it paid for itself

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by bparo.

More
6 years 7 months ago #186901 by Johnm020
That would be correct road, bike path, beach, park etc involving a vehicle is classed as a road traffic crash. Vehicle would have been recorded as a bicycle.
It is good to see he was wearing a helmet and he did its job. I find it difficult to believe that in this day and age there are people trying to stop helmets being compulsory.
I believe the metre rule is actually causing problems with some cyclists who think it makes them immune fro accidents. Tey need to keep away from stopped vehicles also,

More
6 years 6 months ago #187974 by atkipete
Chapel Street Prahran - classic case of a cycle lane being added where there is no room.

Delivery truck is 2.5 metres wide , single traffic lane maybe 2.8 wide and cyclists still trying to use 'their' cycle lane.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.426 seconds