5 years 9 months ago #194081 by Roderick Smith
180608F Melbourne Herald Sun - Daimler electric truck.|
Roderick.

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 9 months ago #194084 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Electric truck
Ive seen mentioned that all petroleum fuels will be phased out by 2040 in the EU and Britain.

More
5 years 9 months ago #194091 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Electric truck

JOHN.K. wrote: Ive seen mentioned that all petroleum fuels will be phased out by 2040 in the EU and Britain.

I better start stock piling then

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
5 years 9 months ago #194093 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Electric truck
Better get Rod's royal carriage horses in training!

More
5 years 9 months ago #194113 by Roderick Smith
Replied by Roderick Smith on topic Electric truck
I'm shifting to Frankston.

jump to 1.30 if you are impatient.

Roderick.

More
5 years 9 months ago #194191 by Rusty Engines
Replied by Rusty Engines on topic Electric truck
This all electric thing will work in countries like the UK
I live in Queensland and the UK will fit into Queensland 7 times they have nowhere to drive
Ian

More
5 years 9 months ago #194237 by jeffo
Replied by jeffo on topic Electric truck
I think it depends on what technology will be used to store the electrical power.
Currently it's Tesla in the news but it wasn't so long ago that hydrogen fuel cells were going to be the future. Toyota already sells a slick looking fuel cell car in US and I see Hyundai has teamed up with Audi to manufacture a hydrogen vehicle.
I think hydrogen would suit Aus conditions and even though Elon is a master of publicity, there is some pretty decent hydrogen powered equipment available right now.
No2 son's company had the choice of buying new hydrogen powered tugs or conventional diesel.
Of course they went diesel but the hydrogen fuel cell/electric motor powered tugs are in service in other countries.
That's twin 3500hp diesels for the 80-ton tugs, something a bit larger will have 3-engines.

More
5 years 9 months ago #194240 by .RC.
Replied by .RC. on topic Electric truck
The big thing with all this electric vehicles is the time to refill the tank of go juice.

A 400km range would be fine if you can refill with go juice in a few minutes. That is one of the few things holding them all back. The majority will not put up with hours to refill the tanks after only half a day driving. With long fill up times there is also the problem of kids wanting a bit of fun and they unplug it while you are drinking your latte waiting for the refill.

More
5 years 9 months ago #194247 by Roderick Smith
Replied by Roderick Smith on topic Electric truck
My boat has a solar version, but that is much heavier, deeper draft, and only half the speed. That is because of old battery technology.
Urban transport was looking at supercapacitors. Buses could recharge at every stop.
Roderick.

More
5 years 9 months ago #194268 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Electric truck
Whats wrong with trolley busses?.....Brisbane had a big fleet for years.......lots in the old eastern Europe and in China......Pollies are all obsessed with light rail.......always reminds me of the 'Springfield Monorail'........lots of bribes for crooked pollies....Are there any other kind?

Time to create page: 0.559 seconds