Skip to main content

Electric truck

More
5 years 10 months ago #194270 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Electric truck
Trolley buses! They use electricity produced by the devil in the form of coal.

We should be using clean, green electric cars that get their power from the Tooth Fairy.

lang

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 10 months ago #194272 by IHScout
Replied by IHScout on topic Electric truck
Lang, how many tooth fairies do you need to burn to get a Kilowatt of power?

Dennis

More
5 years 10 months ago #194275 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic Electric truck
Believe they still have them in NZ. A workmate went back there some years ago and shot some video. He used to drive them and work on them.
Reckoned at night you could drag off anything with an empty trolleybus (no other load on the line) so long as you didn't absolutely floor it and trip the breaker above and behind the driver's head.
Him and his workmate wondered what the plural was - they came up with "trobili" (as in octopi) I think a few beers were involved, there.

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
5 years 9 months ago #194528 by grandad
Replied by grandad on topic Electric truck
Another way of doing it

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rusty Engines, Mrsmackpaul

More
5 years 9 months ago #194534 by allan
Replied by allan on topic Electric truck
Wow, four sets of overhead pairs! Overtaking lane LOL? Or stop-start lane nearest kerb and the express lane nearer centre?

More
5 years 9 months ago #194538 by Roderick Smith
Replied by Roderick Smith on topic Electric truck
I suspect an overtaking lane. Various Australian cities had such spots at busy city nodes.
Just as a guess, I think that this one is Simferopol – Alushta – Yalta (Ukraine), the world's longest (87 km), and interurban rather than urban.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_trolleybus_systems_in_Ukraine
To avoid complex overhead, one Brisbane depot was gravity. The poles per pulled down at the uphill entry; trolleybuses gravitated into the parking bays, and out again next morning; they raised the poles at the downhill exit.
Wellington closed its trolleybus network in 2017. Quito (Ecuador survives; AFAIK Valparaiso (Chile) survives. The rest are northern hemisphere: prolific in Europe; several in Asia; plus Vancouver (Canada), Seattle & San Francisco (USA), and Mexico City.
This one shows three wires through a single lane tunnel in Wellington (NZ). Since the inner wire has the same polarity, the two inner ones could run as one.
760826Th Wellington (NZ) Hataitai tunnel. (Roderick Smith)
The other shows a freight trolleybus; probably there are many in Europe.
851223M Moskva (USSR) freight trolleybus. (Roderick Smith)

Roderick.

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.472 seconds