Skip to main content

We have lost the plot

More
3 years 8 months ago #212084 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic We have lost the plot
Oldest Son Passed the Comment a little while ago; "Dad, You're Ute has the same Horsepower as a B Model Mack"

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #212097 by lantana jack
Replied by lantana jack on topic We have lost the plot
Heh, I wants one of them Tesla utes when they come out. The ultimate hoon machine. You may not be able to wake up the whole neighbourhood with a clean breathing V8 at full song though you will be able to blow out the whole neighbourhoods 240 volt power supply when yer plug it in fer a recharge...B)

....Link removed....

“The improver of natural knowledge absolutely refuses to acknowledge authority, as such. For him, skepticism is the highest of duties; blind faith the one unpardonable sin.” Thomas Huxley
Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by Gryphon.

More
3 years 8 months ago #212101 by DieselFan
Replied by DieselFan on topic We have lost the plot

werkhorse wrote: And here I am driving an 84 LN65 2.4L hilux.... All of 84hp

interesting alternative, like it :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: werkhorse

More
3 years 8 months ago #212112 by werkhorse
Replied by werkhorse on topic We have lost the plot
Old school rules for me... Not fast.. But very consistent ;)

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #212114 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic We have lost the plot
Hayseed

Younger dads will have their sons say "Dad your ute has more power than a new Kenworth road train"

I think 600hp is the biggest option they have.
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Lang.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

More
3 years 8 months ago #212115 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic We have lost the plot
my new "Dodge" is developing over 300hp at the rear wheels according to the mechanic who think's it could easily and inexpensively make more. Not sure how quickly I want to lose my licence though!

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
3 years 8 months ago #212128 by wee-allis
Replied by wee-allis on topic We have lost the plot
Bloke here in town has a jigger a bit like Bruce's Dodge. An AR110 ute on Holden chassis with all the goodies and putting out over 650hp. But lets face it, all that hp but not enough torque to pull a semi. Them's different horse. As my old man would say, " you need horses with hairy fetlocks in a truck".
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #212130 by Lang
The latest Cummins ISX (their biggest standard offering) has 600hp and 2050ft/lb of torque

The GM Goliath Pick-up has 700hp and 675ft/lb of torque 6.2 litre petrol 6,300rpm red line

Just as a comparison my Nissan Navarra V6 (based on the Renault engine) is the most powerful of the Japanese mid-sized trucks has 200hp and 485ft/lb of torque with a chip which is double the Torque/HP of the big GMC pick-up.

You get the feeling they got the horsepower for the sales brochures by allowing the engine to run past its normal red line knowing full well that almost none of them will be using that horsepower for any length of time and most of them never.

Lang

More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #212131 by Lang
They have the damn things up to 800hp! These are built by Hennessey and sold through GM dealers like Holden HSV and Mercedes AMG models. If you have a spare $375,000US might be interesting to order one. This is 6x6 but you can have the 800hp in a 4x4 if you want. Reckon the red line must by up around 7,000rpm.

More
3 years 8 months ago #212134 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic We have lost the plot
What a waste of space. All those tyres and they show you it driving down a sealed road. So for the money all you get is an extra axle and noise out the exhaust.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

Time to create page: 0.480 seconds