Skip to main content

Another Amazing Pakistan Conversion.

More
2 years 9 months ago #222820 by mammoth
Morris, Dennis fire engines of the '20s used the same tyre size. They are available in the USA from Lucas but maybe a bit on the light side. Downside is you would have to sell your house to buy a dozen, which is why I haven't bought any (yet)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 9 months ago #222821 by jon_d
There area lot of hubs stacked up ready to go. Wonder how many wheels are fixed a week?

More
2 years 9 months ago #222823 by Morris
Thanks Mammoth, Last time I checked, which is probably twenty years ago tyres were $220 each, tubes were $22 and trust bands were $18. Those prices have probably doubled by now.

I later bought tubes from Henry's T and A parts, made rust bands from insertion rubber that you can buy in rolls of all thicknesses (I used from memory about 90 mm wide, the place selling it also had sheets of self adhesive stuff that joined the rubber) The tyres I used were the best looking eleven (one unused tyre cracked across the tread overnight when I first put air in them) of the twenty or so that I collected over the fifty two years since I bought the truck. They look good for display but might not get very far on the road.

It is the actual steel wheels that I am looking for, Dennis ones are the same size but slightly different in appearance. They would do if you dag them out from where you are hiding them and sell them to me.:woohoo:

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

More
2 years 9 months ago #222824 by Lang
This is fascinating. Building a radiator. Love the simple way he makes the solder sticks.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Normanby, PaulFH

Time to create page: 0.502 seconds