Skip to main content

What is wrong with current batch of truckies??

More
14 years 1 month ago #22475 by Old AB
Know exactly where your comin from Bretto, We see it every day. Just look at the Gateway, Ipswich Motorway, Centenary, I to do contract & hourly, but my speed dont change, Because you dont make any more money going faster, your costs just go up and so does the risk of accident. We dont need to Drive sittin on edge. Just need to slow down,sit back relax and pay attention to your surrounds, enjoy your day in the traffic. But i do love the Cart from Warwick & Toowoomba to get out of the rat race every now and then. But none of us can afford to drop our guard. You still have to be aware of what could be around the corner, or come out the next farm gate or drive way. Thats our job. We took it on for better or worse. Lets hope its all good and we all stay safe. :) :) Tony :) :)

Keep old inters alive.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #22476 by GM Diesel
Picture in the back of the latest truckinlife fits in just nice in this topic of discussion.
Tip the truck over with a load of kids onboard on the way to the convoy for kids...there's some goodens out there.

Basil

GM Diesels - Converting diesel into noise since 1938.
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by GM Diesel.

More
14 years 1 month ago #22477 by disco
30 years ago I first learnt how to maintain , wash, tarp load etc before I was even allowed to drive around the yard, then 6 months with boss in passenger seat before I was allowed out on my own, 1st trip Geelong to Colac in a lnt 8000 210 cat 5x2 trans, but know these young blokes have Deca and now I drive heavy tow trucks all I can say is deca has a lot to answer for, THEY CANT FAIL YOU, BECAUSE IT COULD HURT YOUR FEELINGS.

More
14 years 1 month ago #22478 by atkipete
It is that big gap between getting your licence and becoming a skilled driver. Nobody wants to train drivers through this period and employers demand the same of an inexperienced driver ( or more) than anyone else on the books. When I say more, the new lad will get the oldest truck and the run that nobody else want to do.

Time to create page: 0.471 seconds