Skip to main content

Isuzu 1400 cab tilt

More
2 years 6 months ago #227154 by JMR
Isuzu 1400 cab tilt was created by JMR
Hello everyone, got some woes with my cab lift....

The cab on my tipper is almost a two person lift, even with the doors open and everything out I can only just get it up by myself, surely this isn't normal?

the torsion bar arms are just shy of the pads when its tilted so I don't think I can turn them another notch to get anymore assistance from them

Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers

Jacko

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago #227160 by 600Dodge
Replied by 600Dodge on topic Isuzu 1400 cab tilt
Has it just gotten hard to lift all of a sudden? I fitted an aftermarket hydraulic cab lift to a 1400 years ago when a mining company decided it was too heavy to lift by hand.

More
2 years 6 months ago #227164 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Isuzu 1400 cab tilt
I'm pretty sure you can adjust these up, also if you can point it down hill, this seemed to help a lot on one of the 1400s I drove

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
2 years 6 months ago #227177 by JMR
Replied by JMR on topic Isuzu 1400 cab tilt

Has it just gotten hard to lift all of a sudden? I fitted an aftermarket hydraulic cab lift to a 1400 years ago when a mining company decided it was too heavy to lift by hand.

Nah its always been hard, Just harder since I broke my leg and am not as strong haha

More
2 years 6 months ago #227178 by JMR
Replied by JMR on topic Isuzu 1400 cab tilt

I'm pretty sure you can adjust these up, also if you can point it down hill, this seemed to help a lot on one of the 1400s I drove

Paul

Hey Paul

the bars are fixed across the front into a spline and then into the arms that contact the bottom of the cab with only retaining bolts, would be an excellent setup if you could preload the bars like in a torsion bar front motor car.

Plenty of room for fitting an air over hydraulic ram with a manual pump so i think ill just do that.

cheers

Jacko.

More
2 years 6 months ago #227189 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Isuzu 1400 cab tilt

Hey Paul

the bars are fixed across the front into a spline and then into the arms that contact the bottom of the cab with only retaining bolts, would be an excellent setup if you could preload the bars like in a torsion bar front motor car.

Jacko.

Without seeing any Pics & I'm not familiar with Izusu set ups..
But Can't remove the Torsion bar move it around a few Splines & put it back together..??

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
2 years 6 months ago #227201 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Isuzu 1400 cab tilt

Hey Paul

Jacko.

Without seeing any Pics & I'm not familiar with Izusu set ups..
But Can't remove the Torsion bar move it around a few Splines & put it back together..??

Thats what needs to be done

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
2 years 6 months ago #227209 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Isuzu 1400 cab tilt
Being a tipper,theres a good chance the cab is half full of sand and gravel.....seen more than once.

Time to create page: 0.451 seconds