Skip to main content

Truck s.l. cranes.

More
2 years 4 months ago #228829 by JOHN.K.
Truck s.l. cranes. was created by JOHN.K.
I was reading the Cwlth guidelines /standards on truck cranes ......and it seems there is no requirement for "Cranesafe" 10 yearly inspection on cranes undr 9 ton mtr.......which means the very useful Palfinger 8000 would fly under the radar............hopefully the states have adopted the federal standard,maybe too much to hope for............any opinions ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 4 months ago #228881 by mammoth
Replied by mammoth on topic Truck s.l. cranes.
Very interesting. That's a big crane compared to the older truck cranes which used to be around 3.5 tonne/metre. I think the bench mark for operator and equipment licencing gets shifted around over time. eg I went to the trouble of getting a backhoe ticket and couple of years later no ticket required.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
2 years 4 months ago #228928 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Truck s.l. cranes.
Ive been hiring truck cranes form Team Transport,I order a single drive with a crane that can lift 2 ton, get an 8 wheeler ,with a Palfinger 33020 crane ,,,which TT say is 28 ton metre.......anyway ,the thing is just too big,it cant reach into doorways as the boom is around a metre tall with hook included...............it aslo cost $200/hr,min of $600.

More
2 years 4 months ago #228938 by Morris
Replied by Morris on topic Truck s.l. cranes.
John.K It is time to explain to them the problems you face with these jobs. Tell them why you order a single drive, and tell them very clearly that if they send a truck that is too big for the job you will send it away and that you will NOT pay for it. Is there any other place you can hire from?

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

More
2 years 4 months ago - 2 years 4 months ago #228939 by JOHN.K.
I dont think ive got much choice at the moment.......if you want a truck,you get what they send......... The only trucks round with smaller cranes seem to be scrappies,or company delivery................unfortunately ,Ive been out of touch for too long to know anyone in the industry................I queried the rate,and the office said that Im paying $180+GST,and a smaller truck and crane would be $160+GST,so the differenc isnt great
Last edit: 2 years 4 months ago by JOHN.K..

More
2 years 4 months ago #228953 by V8Ian
Replied by V8Ian on topic Truck s.l. cranes.
www.iseekplant.com.au/crane-truck-hire/qld/brisbane-south
John, I have no personal experience with any of the companies on page one, but I have experience with another company close to you. I'll PM you the details as the experience will hurt you.

More
2 years 4 months ago #228968 by JOHN.K.
Thanks for the list..I see Gateway there ,known him for years......when I started the move,I went to see Wally,and he was out of cranetrucks due to the 10 year inspection...........looks like hes back in again.

More
2 years 4 months ago #229017 by JOHN.K.
OK,Seems I am completely wrong on the inspections..........there is on f/b m/place a Palfinger 7000 crane for sale(2006) .......included is the bill for inspection in 2016.......almost $10,000..........as the crane is clearly under 9 ton /metre ,it seems in Qld all truck cranes are subject to 10 year inspections...........The other surprise is the max lift on the capacity chart is 1800kg...........I would expect 3000+ at 2 m from the model no......The 1980s Atlas on my old Leyland will lift 4 ton ,and the model is 40-02 ,which indicates to me 4 ton at 2 metres.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

Time to create page: 0.466 seconds