Skip to main content

Roadranger RTO915

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #24502 by TonyD
Roadranger RTO915 was created by TonyD
Hi all,
Finally, I am getting rid of the R52 gearbox out of my F7 Volvo (probably one of the worst boxes) and converting with an RTO915. The 915 came out of a burnt truck so the air lines and in-cab controls were burnt. Can anyone tell me where they go and what they do?

Cheers, TonyD

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #24503 by TonyD
Replied by TonyD on topic Re: Roadranger RTO915
Hi all,
I posted this in wrong section. I have re-posted it in Restoration Chat. [smiley=embarassed.gif]

My apology, Mr Administrator.

TonyD

More
14 years 3 weeks ago - 14 years 3 weeks ago #24504 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: Roadranger RTO915
Hi Tony, at the shuttle valve that stops it changing range until it's in nuetral, at the very front of that valve is a T, this is the air supply to the range change button, and deep reduction button/switch. The 1/8 air line at the rear is the control air line out of the range change button. The control air line for deep reduction is a 1/4 line that goes to the back of the air cylinder on the back of the gearbox at the bottom rear. The 2 range control airlines go as follows, the rearmost one on the shuttle valve goes to the rear of the range change air cylinder. Here's a dodgy photo that probobly doesn't show much. The bottom photo shows the deep reduction air cylinder.

Last edit: 14 years 3 weeks ago by bigcam.

Time to create page: 0.406 seconds