Skip to main content

what r they going to do next

More
13 years 11 months ago #28535 by disco
Guy's, news hot of the press, Wagga city council in all its wisdom, has a submission before it to ban trucks from Tarcutta when the new bypass goes around the town,so that all trucks will have to use the shell roadhouse to be built 4 klm's south of the town, also to limit the no. of buildings farms can have, no tpt yards to be in town, no o/d to park there trucks at home. Tarcutta is the the home of the Transhelp Foundation who have taken up the fight against this ludicrus idea and will be collecting signatures of protest, Tarrcutta has a population of 200 people of which 70 are employed directly by the tpt industry, if this goes tru we can kiss goodbye to another country town that has been part of Australia's tpt history

>:( >:( >:( :o :o :( :(

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
13 years 11 months ago #28536 by Swishy

Disco
GuddayM8

Easy fix
get all trucks to ban all deliveries

NO:
Furnture Vans to deliver
Garbage collected
supplies to all shops
fuel to service stations
mail trucks
money to Banks

These wankers must think all truckies R joy riders
n got nutn better 2 do than burn fuel
LOL

If they get away with it..........only matter of time a lot more towns will do the same

WotSayU

Cya
[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
13 years 11 months ago #28537 by disco
I agree Swishy, its time for civil disobedeince, or there just going to walk all over us

13 years 11 months ago #28538 by
Replied by on topic Re: what r they going to do next
Here we go again the big blockade that will fix them I remember all the big ones and the towns really felt it to so who are you trying to hurt the towns or the council think about fellas.Dave

More
13 years 11 months ago #28539 by disco
Dave, I'm not advocating a blockade, but I think its time in this country that we have to stop this anti truck mentalaty that all levels of goverment have devoloped, you'd be p!@#$d off if your council told u ,you cant park your truck at home

13 years 11 months ago #28540 by
I'd be all for teaching the council about the value of trucks by ceasing deliveries to anything they wanted to do .. but there has to be a balance between having sizeable numbers of trucks in high-density residential areas, and limiting them.

The principle of not storing larger trucks at home is one that has wide support in the general community, and I can understand why.
I used to have a truckie neighbour in the rented house next door, and he'd bring his 8 tonne truck home every night. Early every morning, he'd crank the bloody thing up right next to our bedroom window .. then leave the f$#@## thing idling for an hour, while he showered, had breakfast, and whatever else he farted around with, until he was ready to go.
Meantimes the house would fill with stinking oily diesel fumes, from the well-worn engine .. and he didn't give a rats rectum about it.
Then there's the blokes who start doing a major overhaul in the driveway, and drain oil on the pavement, and block the footpath, and god knows what else, by way of annoyance.

My shop landlord runs a truck depot where blokes can store their trucks in an area that gives them room to store a semi, plus a seatainer, all for about $150 a month. They have a barbed-wire fenced, locked yard, with on-site security as part of the deal.
They have cheap fuel, oils and greases available on site, they have a rubbish disposal service, and they have a bloke running a workshop there, if they don't want to overhaul their own truck on their own patch.

Trucks numbers have to be limited in high density residential areas .. but councils have to learn that truck access, and routes, have to be in the forward planning, too.
Roundabouts that aren't truck-friendly are my pet peeve. Seen more than one demolished by trucks, when councils put them in, and stuffed truckies around.

More
13 years 11 months ago #28541 by disco
one track, I agree with your thoughts, and some owner drivers/drivers ruin it for us blokes that bring trucks home and do the right thing by the neighbours, but in town like Tarcutta where there is few blokes that this new propsal will affect, its more about the lack of consultation with locals and goverment making bloody minded regulations that in a free country smack more about dictatorship than democarcy, this is what we fought for and now slowly their killing the Aussie spririt of a fair go

13 years 11 months ago #28542 by
I was a owner driver and when lived in a inner suburb the local council gave me merry hell for parking out the front of the house .
What s##t me was we paided for the road and some b###h came along and complained .
Moved where I'm now rang the council told what I was doing and they welcome me with open arms I also did jobs for my neighbours with the truck and so we live in harmony. Dave

More
13 years 11 months ago #28543 by disco
Thats what I do Dave, live in harmony with my neighbours and too them the trucks not an issue(just the p@#$k @ no 10 who has issue's with everyone) ::) ::)

More
13 years 11 months ago #28544 by paul404
what gets to me is when there is a decent edge to park on the side of the road near a shopping centre or in a town where you can split a trailer, then before you know it some bone head counciller puts in a heap of guide posts or bollards to prevent you from parking there. when your out on the road its nice to be able to go to a shopping centre and get some real food or do some banking ect. it seems that human rights dont apply to truck drivers. >:(

Time to create page: 0.467 seconds