Slim
GuddayM8

RE: the drums are never too thin and dangerous

May B I should refraze me words better
LOL
We do replace B 4 they get dangerously thin
Normally we get 3 relines to a drum B 4 drum needs replaceing
But haven said th@
the new crap material ( non asbestos ) chops out brakes quiker n only time will tell how many relines to drum life we will get
LOL

ThemsTheBrakes!

Cya
[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #34704 by Humehwy
Brake pressure imbalance check air pressure at the brake boosters without maxibrake on, having made sure brakes are adjusted properly and truck at full air pressure.
You can get into drums shoes later always check pressures first i have seen brakes ajusted backwards and the rollers gone as well check travel of slackajusters

More
13 years 6 months ago #34705 by Humehwy
With the brake shoes we did so many trials on linning material we found that some wear out quicker than thongs in there two weeks, while others can give you 6 months in the dirt we even trialled backing plates or none and backing plates win hands down and using auto slack adjusters save heaps in down time and callouts.
there is a set measurement for brake drum wear we used calipers on the inside and put to a ruler .
Where I worked we relined trucks and trailers everyday and for our fleet we never fitted diaphram booster rubbers always new boosters never oil hubs on trailers always grease using oil wheel seals.

Time to create page: 0.413 seconds