Skip to main content

new chinese trucks heading our way next year!

13 years 6 months ago #34844 by

I noticed the chinese are making rebuild kits for engines such as Cummins etc,god help me if i ever end up with one because i wouldn't be using it

Like poor 'Old Dog' and his genuine Mack pistons that were made in India!

www.hcvc.com.au/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1251762058/15

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 6 months ago #34845 by
Hey onetrack,have a cold brew on me!!! A very intelligent foresight into our unsustainable way of living and doing business.If anything i just hope we can teach and educate the young people of today about living sustainably and that the "throwaway society"must end.I dunno,maybe their too far gone already :-[

13 years 6 months ago #34846 by
Hi Stuart,exactly....I was just thinking about that post but wasn't sure where i had read it!!! ;)

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #34847 by Rusty Engines
What about the Chinese buses they seam OK
HIGER sold by White Aust
Cummins engine, made where?
Allison transmission, made where?
A lot of other brand name parts
Ian
www.wmcbus.com.au/products.htm
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by Rusty Engines.

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #34848 by jimbo51
Summarising the various comments the point that comes through clearly is that it's the customer that needs to be educated about buying for quality and sustanability and not just on price.

The supplier, Chinese or whoever, will meet the market's need and if you're only prepared to pay for cheap sh*t that's what they'll provide.

As pointed out, the Japanese have been through the cycle of crap to quality and the Chinese will to, albeit a damn sight quicker.

Interesting article that may be relevant.....
www.theage.com.au/business/chindia--you-...-20100923-15o2v.html
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by jimbo51.

More
13 years 6 months ago #34849 by MACKFR8
spot on one track !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

1974 1418LS 4x2 prime mover
1974 1418LS 4x2 rigid
1973 1418 4+2 prime mover
1973 1418 prime mover
1981W model Kenworth
36 ft Flat top bogey

More
13 years 6 months ago #34850 by carnut1100

What about the Chinese buses they seam OK
HIGER sold by White Aust
Cummins engine, made where?
Allison transmission, made where?
A lot of other brand name parts
Ian
www.wmcbus.com.au/products.htm

I'm a bus driver, and I have a chinwag with every other bus driver I meet, and what I hear about Chinese buses is not all good...
There is a joke among bus drivers that BCI doesn't stand for Bus and Coach International at all...it stands for Bad Chinese Import!
One bloke I was talking to bought a BCI new, 100,000km later it has had 3 tailshafts because the unis stuffed up and the yokes got damaged, had a bunch of problems with bodywork, luggage bin doors etc, and had trouble with the tranny.
He's a bit pissed off...

There was also a case reported of a Chinese bus that rolled over and the roof got peeled back and there were legally mandated rollover protection bars that were there when the design got certified, but were missing ont his bus...which got promptly shipped back to China.

I'm wary of Chinese stuff, especially tools. Had a couple of Chinese power tools that died real quick or never worked right to start with.
Now I only buy good stuff.

13 years 6 months ago #34851 by
How come whenever you buy cheap chinese power tools they always come with a spare set of brushes.The powertool never lasts long enough to actually need them ;D

More
13 years 6 months ago #34852 by Coupeute
A local bloke has has some dramas with his chinese bus. There were 8 wheeler chinese cranes at Civenex a couple of years ago. Not sure what the engineering was like, but they couldn't even get the badges on straight, and these were show trucks!!!! People have the mindset that you can buy 3 or 4 chinese items for the same as one quality item, & keep throwing them away. My line of work (fert spreading), you need quality/reliability. I don't even put spreader bins on jap 4x4 trucks.

AL110 inter ute &&FC Holden Wagon&&HJ Holden 1 Tonner&&

More
13 years 6 months ago #34853 by K-TRON
When rebuilding my Detroit Diesel, I made sure that not a single part was made outside of the USA and Brazil. It did take some time finding grade 8 bolts and fuel line made in the USA, but I found them!!!

You will never spot me in an imported vehicle. I have only been in old GM/Chevy/Ford/International trucks, and I plan to keep it that way.

This phrase seems to become more popular as the years go on:
it just aint made like it used to

Chris

1977 General Motors / Detroit Diesel 6V53T - rebuilt&&320Hp @ 2800rpm

Time to create page: 0.463 seconds