Skip to main content

new chinese trucks heading our way next year!

More
13 years 5 months ago #34854 by greenie
A bit more chinesy stuff, this photo is only a few weeks old.

Hmmm, now I wonder how soon it will be, before these trailers are allowed onto Aussie roads ?

regards greenie [smiley=vrolijk_1.gif]

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #34855 by bigcam
And I thought my Old Man used to put some hungary boards on his old Commer car carrier in the 70's, makes him look like an ametuer.

13 years 5 months ago #34856 by
Hungry boards? .. did someone mention hungry boards?? .. ;D ;D ;D

More
13 years 5 months ago #34857 by Tatra
Agree with what was said on the quality but they can produce reliable heavy duty stuff when the need arises (read: when it's ordered by the gov't and if you mess up, you are likely to face the firing squad), like the DF series locomotives which are thrashed to within an inch of their lives (and the QJ steam locomotives before them).

As for their cars, bikes and trucks, well :-/

Cheers,

T

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #34858 by MichaelM
The market of trucks and transportation has been well established in aus, it would be very difficult for chinese Jac motors to establish themselves.
But due to their low cost and better fuel efficiency...they can become popular...
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by MichaelM.

More
13 years 5 months ago #34859 by Nick B
they have ripped off Isuzu big time, they look identical just with a different front and roof.

Regards

More
13 years 3 months ago #34860 by Stevo
Wouldn't be surprised if heaps of JAC trucks wind up in Footscray.

More
13 years 3 months ago #34861 by grumpy
I been livin' here in China for the last 4 years and it's real wierd when ya look around at all the trucks on the roads here. So many copies of European trucks, but not so much of American trucks. They all got rice-burner names like Dongfeng, Foton, MAW, JAC and stuff like that.
There's a truck manufacturer (BYD) here where I live in Dandong. They would have to be pumping out 2000 light trucks a week, all the same colour, all the same style,. They look OK from a distance, but up close it's another story.
Biggest problem is that the truck and car manufacturing industry is all run by the government. There is so much graft and corruption that goes on in upper management levels, that they lose all sense of quality and reliability in what they are manufacturing. The poor guy doin' the hands on "nuts and bolts" work on the assembly line hasn't got a clue about what he's doing, and probably doesn't give a rats ass either. As long as he gets his bag of rice and 2 fish-heads a week, he is happy.
There are so many different manufacturers building trucks here, but the finished product looks identical except for the badge on the front.
I searched for a long time lookin for a good car here and finished up opting for a fully imported model Toyota. This advice came from the Toyota dealer here........."if you want quality and reliability, you need to import it"
I just wonder how these imported trucks will comply with all current, and future ADR's.
http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m503/grumpyjeffs/well.jpg?t=1293318957
AT LEAST THIS GUYS BRAKES WORKED

• Swishy
  • Away
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
13 years 3 months ago #34862 by Swishy

R So

LOL

Cya
[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
13 years 3 months ago #34863 by bigcam
Don't Volvo do a similar test on thier cabs?

Time to create page: 0.491 seconds