Skip to main content

The Clean Truck Program!!!

• Topic Author
13 years 5 months ago #37306 by
Found this on youtube,pretty bloody disgusting.This is senseless destruction of people's livelyhood.This is bureaucracy gone mad and someone needs a real good kick up the behind.Just goes to show where society is heading and it looks to be going south real quickly.Glad we have old iron available to preserve.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
13 years 5 months ago #37307 by
Replied by on topic Re: The Clean Truck Program!!!
It will probably end up here soon enough. I wonder if they will adjust their rates so you can turn over your gear every 4 years. The price of new gear and the rates also the hoops you have to jump through over here just don't add up at the present. You only have to look at the re po and auction yards, their full at the present...

• Topic Author
13 years 5 months ago #37308 by
What a kick in the guts for the owner operator that's just trying to earn a living.I'm sure our govt would put stuff all on the table as far as compensation.To think in a couple of years they are going to ban 2006 model trucks is crazy.

• Topic Author
13 years 5 months ago #37309 by
Did you also watch the other 2 related videos, thats one way to crush a truck.

This is already starting to find its way into our local goverment tenders, on my latest tender i just lodged 3 weeks ago i had to nominate what years & horsepower all my gear was and when i asked why i was told that within the next 3-5 years all gear will have to be no older than 4 years old. My reply was that i hope the council is budgeting for a massive increase in prices as my cost for replacing gear every 4 years will be passed onto them.

Trevor

• Topic Author
13 years 5 months ago #37310 by
Yeah some good parts gone to waste there!!!Why wouldn't they sell them interstate,sure they would have to be worth more than scrap.

• Topic Author
13 years 5 months ago #37311 by
That's where one of the big wreckers in Sydney get or used to get a lot of there engines from. They told me once that they had to argue hard to cut the engines and drive trains out as it was eazy er to just put them through the shredder. The last mack engine i bought from them came from a batch of 200 trucks that were trade ins. That was only a 1/4 of the fleet that was traded in the first batch of new new trucks. There are fleets with 600 or more over there so there is ample supply for the spares market. Thats how they keep their econnomy going, scrapping old for new......

• Topic Author
13 years 5 months ago #37312 by
Been following this one for a while. Thats only one fleet.
Just goes to show how 300 trucks can flood the market.....

www.newson6.com/Global/story.asp?S=12165939

More
13 years 5 months ago #37313 by prodrive
Jeez. Bloody brave new world. can't tell you how much I hate all these "government initiatives" that are supposed to make things better but gradually strangle every ounce of free thinking, common sense, individuality, and so on. One day we will all be just ants, with Big Brother controlling every aspect of what we do, see hear, say, think, drive, and so on.. All "for our own benefit"...
Can't say it makes me look forward to the future much at all..... :-/ :-/ :-/

• Topic Author
13 years 5 months ago #37314 by
They are heading down the path that Japan has been doing for a long while.Wrecking anything over five years old or your rego gets really expensive.All the resources and energy used to make all these new vehicles is probably polluting the planet more than letting older vehicles be used.

When i went to Japan in 94 i couldn't believe the waste and destruction of their vehicles in all the wrecking yards in Kioto.Cars and trucks not even run in by our standards getting crushed by the hundreds,many with only 10-15k on the clock.Just doesn't seem sustainable to me.The current rate of consumerism is looking towards a very bleak future.

• Topic Author
13 years 5 months ago #37315 by
There is more companies than you know here, that the gear you have must be turned over 4 or 5 years.
The purple circle cement mob is one, got to have satelite tracking and all that. The Eurotech 3 is in and when the euro tech 4 comes you watch the authorities get rid and tax all the old gear out of existance. Its cumming sooner than we think. :'(

Time to create page: 0.509 seconds